At least 9 points...

It's the kind of draw - and it's exactly whats happened on here - even with the current squad that a few years back under DA and WS first time around we would be seeing "Aw easy we'll win that group" blah blah blah. I'm sorry to have to say this but I think with the current squad we have to have a bit of realism. I obviously hope I am proved totally wrong for my trepidation and we get the 10 points being spoke about in this thread but I think we need to be careful too. For starters those of us talking about winning away to the Romanians - that would mean WS actually attacking away from home:fish:

We have continually gotten good results against German teams and i see no reason why it should change.

The fact is, i think they always underestimate us. I notices when they drew Stuttgart out the Stuttgart reps all smiled and shook hands, maybe again because they fancy their chances against us already.

Those names you put up are not World class and we should not fear them.

Lehman is good, but extremely prone to blunders and nearly past it.

Boulharouz is an almighty underachiever and prone to losing the head. But on his day is a top defender.

Basturk is another underachiever. He had the ability to really do it at a bigger club than where he ended up and this is maybe his standard. He also goes missing in a lot of games and only seems to fancy it on his terms.

Hitzelsberger i like, but again, he can float in and out of games. But deadly if you let him into it.

Hleb is the only name i really fear. I saw one of his goals in the first leg of the qualifier they played and it was incredible. We need to stay tight on him.

The names may not be world class, but they could go through our team and be even more dimissive.

We may have got some good results against german teams in the past but that was with arguably better teams than we have now.

We were totally under the cosh last time we played Stuttgart at Ibrox and there was one player who made the difference that night and that was Hutton.

Saying that, I was equally as pessimistic back then and we reached a European final, so what do I know.

It's the kind of draw - and it's exactly whats happened on here - even with the current squad that a few years back under DA and WS first time around we would be seeing "Aw easy we'll win that group" blah blah blah. I'm sorry to have to say this but I think with the current squad we have to have a bit of realism.

Agree with your point and no way are we over confident thinking we will win the group - none of that teams can be taken likely but we should be going into it looking to finish in the top 2. But WS is a realist and in these type matches he will likely set out not to lose the game rather than winning it.

I think we are more equipped this time round than we have been in the previous season. Our squad has been trimmed for the better IMO and a few of the dead wood have moved on, therefore our squad seems more settled. Last year we went into the start of the season win 9 strikers not knowing who would play.

We are a good centre half away from having our most settled squad in years but are still lightweight in covering the full backs and wings - just a pity Novo and Broadfoot are long term absentee's.

just a pity Novo and Broadfoot are long term absentee's.

Novo could be back this weekend Gribz. I would love to see a CB in before the end of the window and that would probably increase my confidence but as I've better to be cautious and then hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised!!:spl:

Just had a look at the fixtures and I don�´t fancy opening away to Stuttgart followed by Sevilla at home. We could be looking at no points going into the double header with the "minnows".

Also, our last game is away to Sevilla. Hmmm. Still:spl:

Yeah even if we lose the first two games, just think of Lyon a few years ago. Win our two games against the smaller team and then we are back in it. LEts hope Sevilla can win all the games against the other teams then we hopefully pick up points against them !

Although i can honestly see everyone taking points off each other

9 Points - very get-able.

12 points - get-able.

Top of the group - will be hard but again I feel Walter's tactical know how may overcome what we lack. Although a Central defender is what we require before deadline. It is a must.

We were supposed to have a squad of 20 experienced players plus kids. At the moment I count 19 experienced squad players and so there should be room for one more. We desperately need a decent centre back as we have no cover there except for shunting about the likes of Broadfoot (injured anyway), Papac and McCulloch (please no).

I have a feeling the club are trying to have one really tight belt season to significantly get the debt down in one big hit but having the squad threadbare in places can really affect our success on pitch which also hits our income.

You would think they would have learned from the Kaunas debacle.

I squad is pretty thin at the moment but I could be accepting of most of it, however the central defence is almost worn through and we could easily have a big hole there.

It's a crucial part of the team and while we also need a left midfielder, it's not such a risky place to put in Naismith and Fleck.

We need the likes of Tonel who could be a lynch pin in getting us to the last 16 in the CL or at least into the Europa cup and maybe a run from there.

At the very least we should be cancelling Webster's loan deal - or can we do that at any time through the season?

Not bringing in a CH is like playing Russian Roulette. It may save a few million now but it puts the 10mill CL money for next year in danger. Boogie is away on international duty for a number of weeks i believe, which makes cover for him a must.