Meant to add that I couldn';t disagree because we appear to have accepted offers and he has held talks. I just feel that even though it is clear he would be sold in a heartbeat and make more money, he has said no himself and his desire to stay at Rangers.

What makes you think he won't be offered a new contract before Xmas if he's still a Rangers player tomorrow night when the window's closed??

Never quite touched on that in my reply (ies) but agree with you. No contract and we lose however much money. IMO this would be our fault, well the clubs if he was to say stuff it and see out his contract regardless.

Balde maybe the best example.

By the way, out of those players I mentioned in a post above; Boyd, Naismith, Lafferty, Davis & Novo, I think most of them would be willing to take a little wage cut to help the club financially.

Never quite touched on that in my reply (ies) but agree with you. No contract and we lose however much money. IMO this would be our fault, well the clubs if he was to say stuff it and see out his contract regardless.

Balde maybe the best example.

The impression I get Jon, is that it Breaks Boyd's heart that Rangers would be willing to sell him. IMO if Rangers accept another offer for him, he might just go this time, but I'd be devastated if he does.

Not saying I disagree but on what do you base this on?

Surely come January if he rejects any offers again then we would offer him a contract to save him leaving for nothing. He has shown he wants to stay at the club.

Can the club sell the player without him agreeing to the move and all the terms etc? I didn't think so, so if he wants to stayt put he could. In his place I'd carry on, reject any offers and lose the club money for his treatment. Bit harsh maybe and I'm shattered, also obviously a huge fan of Boyd.

As part of the financial cut-backs at Ibrox, a very select few players (if any) will be offered new contracts. Boyd (and for that matter Novo) are amongst those who won't be.

Its about time that we all realised what a financial mess we are in. The debt has risen to over �£25M and growing, and thats despite having CL money this season.

Just because we wish Boyd to stay forever, doesn't mean its going to happen. Peter Lovenkrands has offered to take a �£3K per week contract to resign for Rangers, yet we can't even afford that. Yet we expect one of our mid-to-high earners to be given a new (and improved) contract??????

Cammy F

Fair enough for the response Cammy, but apart from your own (maybe a lot of supporters) how do you know none of the mentioned players will not be offered new contracts and seem to suggest it will be fact.

Not a slagging match and not because I defend Boyd, just so matter of fact when none of us will know. By the same token, I don't know if Boyd or any others would bne offered a new contract....

As part of the financial cut-backs at Ibrox, a very select few players (if any) will be offered new contracts. Boyd (and for that matter Novo) are amongst those who won't be.

Its about time that we all realised what a financial mess we are in. The debt has risen to over �£25M and growing, and thats despite having CL money this season.

Just because we wish Boyd to stay forever, doesn't mean its going to happen. Peter Lovenkrands has offered to take a �£3K per week contract to resign for Rangers, yet we can't even afford that. Yet we expect one of our mid-to-high earners to be given a new (and improved) contract??????

Cammy F

If your source of this info is simply the fact that the club are in financial trouble, then surely there's just as much evidence to support the train of thought that the club can't afford to NOT give these players new contracts??? As I said in another post above, I think these are the types of players that would actually be willing to sign new contracts on reduced wages to help the club through this period. I certainly don't think they're going to be asking for wage increases when they know the club has financial problems. That's just my own opinion of course.

Fair enough for the response Cammy, but apart from your own (maybe a lot of supporters) how do you know none of the mentioned players will not be offered new contracts and seem to suggest it will be fact.

Not a slagging match and not because I defend Boyd, just so matter of fact when none of us will know. By the same token, I don't know if Boyd or any others would bne offered a new contract....

If Boyd was going to offered a new contract, he'd have signed it by now. If Boyd was going to be offered a new contract, Rangers wouldn't be whoring him around at every opportunity. We are trying to sell him whilst he still has 'some value' (as he is under contract). If we don't, or Boyd refuses all advances, he'll simply depart on a free next summer.

How do I know they won't be offered new contracts? Well, Martin Bain has been tasked to reduce the wage bill even further and trim the first team squad. He won't do that by not selling players (or letting players go) or by handing our new (and improved) contracts.

Maybe I have just grasped the reality of Rangers FC circa 2009 - less than 24 hours until the transfer window closes and we still haven't added to our squad. Still no cover at centre-half, still no genuine width and for the first time in living memory that we haven't signed even 1 player.

Cammy F

If your source of this info is simply the fact that the club are in financial trouble, then surely there's just as much evidence to support the train of thought that the club can't afford to NOT give these players new contracts??? As I said in another post above, I think these are the types of players that would actually be willing to sign new contracts on reduced wages to help the club through this period. I certainly don't think they're going to be asking for wage increases when they know the club has financial problems. That's just my own opinion of course.

Rangers can afford to let Boyd's contract expire, they done it with Hendami who was on more than Boyd.

Cammy F

Your still going by your own opinions Cammy. No facts whatsoever. Would we/Rangers rather he left on a Bosman than offering even a token contract to bring in a fee. Hemdani wasn't part of the team for a long time, Boyd still is. Thats the difference I make there.

I'm sure everyone is aware that we haven't signed any players, thank you for pointing out the positions we need. I really don't think you were the only one that grasped this fact.