Boyd AND Mendes to Pompey for �£7 million

7 mill is decent money......

I would prefer both to stay but losing Mendes wouldnt be a huge disaster as Davis has looked the part in CM so far this season and Thomson could be the perfect foil (although admittedly I was looking forward to seeing Thomson & Mendes partnership after their start to last season).

Boyd's goals would be a loss, no doubt about it.

If we had Edu fit then this wouldnt be a bad sale as we woudl have 3 or 4 central midfielders, but Id prefer Mendes to stay especially for CL games. I think he will shine in bigger matches with more time on the ball than the SPL.

If we had Edu fit then this wouldnt be a bad sale as we woudl have 3 or 4 central midfielders, but Id prefer Mendes to stay especially for CL games. I think he will shine in bigger matches with more time on the ball than the SPL.

But that is the problem Gribz. In our current financial predicament the CL is merely a bonus. The SPl is where it counts and if Mendes cant play well (not saying he cant) with less time on the ball then maybe he is a luxury we cant afford to keep.

Not saying that is the case, merely pointing out where our priorities need to lay given the finances.

But that is the problem Gribz. In our current financial predicament the CL is merely a bonus. The SPl is where it counts and if Mendes cant play well (not saying he cant) with less time on the ball then maybe he is a luxury we cant afford to keep.

Not saying that is the case, merely pointing out where our priorities need to lay given the finances.

It would also depend how much extra cash qualifying for the last 16 would bring. We have a realistic chance of that this year so keeping Mendes to help us do that could be worth it then sell him in January.

With Rothen looking like a good signing on the left, it would be great if we could hold on to Boyd and Mendes.

Its been a while since we had a really good midfield and I think Rothen, Mendes, Thomson and Davis could be what we've been looking for.

Agreed mate... Gives us a nice balance and with Edu, Naismith and Fleck in reserve, we look very solid there.

Welcome to the forums! :spl: