Both players may have been inconsistent, but they contributed to our best European runs in recent history. Speaking of which, if Gow was such a Rangers man, then (whether he'd be playing in it or not) why was his face tripping him when we reached the UEFA cup final?

Nothing to do with inconsistant, more like couldn't be bothered - didnt look like they wanted to even be on the park, didnt chase balls, take on players, nothing.

Probably because he wasn't getting a game.

Probably because he wasn't getting a game.

Neither were the likes of Stevie Smith or Andy Webster, but like the rest of us they were all smiles. I know I couldn't wipe that grin off my face for days following the Fiorentina win.

Both players may have been inconsistent, but they contributed to our best European runs in recent history. Speaking of which, if Gow was such a Rangers man, then (whether he'd be playing in it or not) why was his face tripping him when we reached the UEFA cup final?

So just because Burke and Adam "contributed" to our best ever european runs in recent history they should be classed as heroes?

My face was tripping me during the UEFA Cup Final. We played shite!

Neither were the likes of Stevie Smith or Andy Webster, but like the rest of us they were all smiles. I know I couldn't wipe that grin off my face for days following the Fiorentina win.

Fair enough, dont know anything about it was in florence at the time, but i know he had far more about him than either of Burke or Adam

So just because Burke and Adam "contributed" to our best ever european runs in recent history they should be classed as heroes?

I didn't say that. I certainly wouldn't class them as heroes, just give them the respect they're due. I was simply comparing the attitude coming from some of the support towards them as opposed to Gow who did absolutely nothing for us in his time at the club.

My face was tripping me during the UEFA Cup Final. We played shite!

Well mine was afterwards :(.

I was talking about Gow after the Fiorentina game though.

I didn't say that. I certainly wouldn't class them as heroes, just give them the respect they're due. I was simply comparing the attitude coming from some of the support towards them as opposed to Gow who did absolutely nothing for us in his time at the club.

For reasons unknown. Until something's said by either WS or Gow then we'll have to reserve judgement. If Gow did something to upset WS then I'll apologise to WS and say he got it right. If not, then we've lost a good player.

I was talking about Gow after the Fiorentina game though.

Maybe he knew he wouldn't be getting a game in the final.

Maybe he knew he wouldn't be getting a game in the final.

Would that not say something about his character/attitude though?.

It's all speculation in the end & like you say we might never know the reasons behind Gow being frozen out. At the end of the day, it's not something that bothers me. He's a good player, but he's not that great that I would use him as a stick to beat club & management with.

Would that not say something about his character/attitude though?.

To me, it says that he knows he won't be picked because favourites of Smiths are ahead of him no matter how they play ie McCulloch and Ferguson. Even Charlie Adam was picked for the big games 2 seasons ago. What did he do to merit that? :confused:

To me, it says that he knows he won't be picked because favourites of Smiths are ahead of him no matter how they play ie McCulloch and Ferguson. Even Charlie Adam was picked for the big games 2 seasons ago. What did he do to merit that? :confused:

To me it says his mind wasn't on HIS TEAM getting to a European Final.

So to be a "Rangers man" you have to have been smiling in making the UEFA final ? I was ecstatic too - but it could oh so easily be that his face was tripping him because he realised that his boyhood heroes had just made their first Euro final in 36 years and that he wouldn't be taking part in what most of us considered to be a "once-in-a-lifetime" event, despite him probably being desperate to play.