So to be a "Rangers man" you have to have been smiling in making the UEFA final ? I was ecstatic too - but it could oh so easily be that his face was tripping him because he realised that his boyhood heroes had just made their first Euro final in 36 years and that he wouldn't be taking part in what most of us considered to be a "once-in-a-lifetime" event, despite him probably being desperate to play.

Maybe so and I'm no psychologist, but you would think that extra emotion would accentuate what he SHOULD have been feeling as a Rangers fan AND a team player. Not the sort of thing that gives you a face like thunder really :confused:.

Anyway, I wasn't meaning to dwell on that incident. It was just one of the very few glimpses I caught of him in his time at Rangers and striking me as a little bit odd at the time, it stuck in my mind.

Like I said he's a good player. Hopefully he can continue to get his career back on track and force his way back into the picture with the National side :thup:.

Fair enough, dont know anything about it was in florence at the time, but i know he had far more about him than either of Burke or Adam

He might have a bit more than Adam about him, possibly.

A lot more. No fucking chance.

Very, very harsh on Adam imo.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWjkq3z3xRE]YouTube - Rangers vs Stuttgart Charlie adam goal[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABvwj7VhpEw&feature=related]YouTube - Rangers 2-0 Celtic . Charlie Adam Goal[/ame]

Edited by Super_Ally

Would that not say something about his character/attitude though?.

It's all speculation in the end & like you say we might never know the reasons behind Gow being frozen out. At the end of the day, it's not something that bothers me. He's a good player, but he's not that great that I would use him as a stick to beat club & management with.

Footballers are human and have to show emotions to both club and themselves. If it was me who would be missing out on such event while seeing all my teams cheer in glory id feel totally left out and wouldnt be able to put on such a false act.

Another thing I dont get is why WS wouldnt even give him a chance regardless if he didnt like the guy personally folliwing the spat. Surely the club / team comes first and you play players who can make a different. Gow should have been tried! Alex Ferguson has had a dislike for quite a few players but he still played them.

Lets wait & see if Gow can go from his new team - the 'Green Army', to a very good standard of team, because IMO that will speak volumes. It won't be luck if he makes a move from an average Championship side like Plymouth to the EPL. Personally, I don't think he'll make it higher than a relegation fodder EPL side or at best a bottom to mid table EPL side as a 3rd or 4th choice (Sorry Alan, but I call it like I see it). Most importantly, lets see how he performs down south in general before deciding whether he could have or would have done this or that for us if given the chance at Ibrox. IMO the jury is still well and truly out. There definitely appears to be an attitude issue though, since as UCF pointed out, both Gow & Buffel BOTH had their faces tripping them after the win over Fiorentina in the penalty shoot-out while the rest of the players in the squad were going ballistic due to the fact that the TEAM were into the UEFA Cup Final.

Footballers are human and have to show emotions to both club and themselves. If it was me who would be missing out on such event while seeing all my teams cheer in glory id feel totally left out and wouldnt be able to put on such a false act.

Another thing I dont get is why WS wouldnt even give him a chance regardless if he didnt like the guy personally folliwing the spat. Surely the club / team comes first and you play players who can make a different. Gow should have been tried! Alex Ferguson has had a dislike for quite a few players but he still played them.

There's no should about it, the manager picks who he wants. If you had your way we'd be trying all our rejects for 20 games at a time before realising they can't cut it while we most likely win bugger all.

I think PLG showed managing Rangers is not straight forward in the slightest- and some would still have him as manager while we fight again for 2nd place.

There is no evidence in the world that Gow would have improved our performances and we have no idea what was going behind the scenes. The fact that Walter's choices got us to where we were suggests he knew something about what he was doing. To suggest that an armchair fan without any inside knowledge somehow knows better is just ludicrous.

There's no should about it, the manager picks who he wants. If you had your way we'd be trying all our rejects for 20 games at a time before realising they can't cut it while we most likely win bugger all.

I think PLG showed managing Rangers is not straight forward in the slightest- and some would still have him as manager while we fight again for 2nd place.

There is no evidence in the world that Gow would have improved our performances and we have no idea what was going behind the scenes. The fact that Walter's choices got us to where we were suggests he knew something about what he was doing. To suggest that an armchair fan without any inside knowledge somehow knows better is just ludicrous.

How can someone be a reject before being tried? :confused:

It says something about the management signing policy if they are signing rejects in the first place :confused:

What 'Reject' have we signed in the past? :confused:

There is no evidence ANY of our players would improve performances prior to playing for us, hence the purpose of trying someone - so why label them a reject before even being tried? :confused:

You could say Bougherra was a 'reject' before playing for us as he was at lowley charlton :confused:

You could say the fact we came runners up in the 2 most important competitions suggests Walters decisions not to try other players instead of those running on empty were wrong. Had he been succesful and won those competitions then you would have a point but you dont.

To call someone 9000 miles away an armchair fan is laughable considering Ive probably been to more games than you in the last 4 years.