Steven Whittaker

You are a football player.

Changed the game on Saturday, produced against the best tonight. A man ready for Champions League football.

Was also impressed by Naismith. Although they were mostly against Gio VB I don't think he lost a header all night! :eek: Not the biggest so must have a good leap on him.

I've been wondering for ages about the similarities between Hutton and Whittaker. They are definitely NOT the same, but there are similarities. I think I saw it tonight with them both being on the park.

Both great going forward about 8 out of 10 times. The other 2 they can be daft. Both good tacklers and get stuck in maybe 8/10 but they can also miss their tackles. But the main thing is - both seem to have acres of space to themselves both attacking and defending. So you take your chances.

Despite Miller's miss(es) and DW's mistake at the goal, I was proud of the Rangers players tonight. Naisy did well, very well for a young guy with very little big-game time. They did well. We were actually unlucky.

I've been wondering for ages about the similarities between Hutton and Whittaker. They are definitely NOT the same, but there are similarities. I think I saw it tonight with them both being on the park.

Both great going forward about 8 out of 10 times. The other 2 they can be daft. Both good tacklers and get stuck in maybe 8/10 but they can also miss their tackles. But the main thing is - both seem to have acres of space to themselves both attacking and defending. So you take your chances.

Despite Miller's miss(es) and DW's mistake at the goal, I was proud of the Rangers players tonight. Naisy did well, very well for a young guy with very little big-game time. They did well. We were actually unlucky.

Sounds like we had four Rangers players in the team tonight then? Well, three players plus Miller.:D How bad were his misses..... bad, awful or just the usual?

Sounds like we had four Rangers players in the team tonight then? Well, three players plus Miller.:D How bad were his misses..... bad, awful or just the usual?

Miller missed one chance that he should have scored,you could say the goalkeeper did well,however Broon 9 missed the easiest chance.

Whittaker was excellent tonight and really showed what a good player he can be,Naismith was the best player in a Scotland jersey tonight and his goal wass never offside

Miller missed two or three chances one of which was I guess a half-open goal but the goalkeeper recovered to make a tremendous save. The papers will go to town on him so I hope he's ready for it. It's a shame because he worked like a trojan tonight, ultimately he just can't hit a barn door.

"The miss" was pretty bad. If he'd just lifted it the keeper wouldn't have got there. Though I guess it could be classed as unlucky.

The one he hit off the bar he was very unlcuky, though not sure he entirely meant it.

A 3rd snap shot I thought he did brilliant just to hit the target and the keeper fumbled it round the post but so nearly in.

And that from someone who isn't his biggest fan.

Boyd would've scored "the miss". :whistle:

Miller missed one chance that he should have scored,you could say the goalkeeper did well,however Broon 9 missed the easiest chance.

Whittaker was excellent tonight and really showed what a good player he can be,Naismith was the best player in a Scotland jersey tonight and his goal wass never offside

Miller's was easier for me, all he had to do was dink it over the keeper but it's easily said when you have about 0.1 of a second to make your mind up. Brown was at full stretch for his chance, one of those that looks easier than it is.

As I've said Miller (and Davie Weir - for the benefit of MF he misheaded to set up the Dutch goal) will take the blame for Scotland failing to qualify but it'll be extremely harsh because he didn't let his country down tonight, that was some shift and I'd be surprised if he manages 90 minutes for us on Saturday.