Steven Whittaker

Didnt see the game but for the praise Whittaker is getting shows what ive been saying for a while - he is better at LB than RB. When he filled in at LB last season I was impressed by him, at RB I thought he was just decent.

If Weir never attempted to head the ball back to Marshall, would the ball have ended up in the path of the Dutch player anyway?

Weir will just stick the fingers up at the media, retire from international football and continue to plays amazing for Rangers.

Everyone knows the guy is an excellent player.

Didnt see the game but for the praise Whittaker is getting shows what ive been saying for a while - he is better at LB than RB. When he filled in at LB last season I was impressed by him, at RB I thought he was just decent.

You can't take a natural RB who has been playing well this season and switch him to LB. Agreed, he' had a good few games at LB for us but he's started off this season for us brilliantly.

I thought Miller was unlucky more than anything. The "miss" looked like a tap in with the keeper fully stretched out to the right but somehow the guy switched to his left in a complete flash to make the save. I don't think anyone would have expected that and it meant Miller wouldn't have had time to think to lift the ball.

I think it was a world class save.

He unluckily hit the bar and had a good shot saved which then lucky bounces back around the post with two Scotland players in a position to score had the ball not had so much spin.

He should have had a penalty too.

Couldn't understand how Brown missed though...

Naismith's "goal" was pretty marginal if it was offside, it looked like a matter of inches to me - great finish anyway, and great strike saved off the post to set up Miller for the "miss".

I thought Weir was tremendous except for that header and you have to wonder if he'd have been better dummying it - but that's incredibly risky - however you have to question where McManus was at the time as you need one CB to challenge and the other to hang back in case the ball comes through anyway.

We were pushing forward far too much at the time when we should have been thinking about just taking the draw and their was no support for Davy at all and you can't really blame him for attacking a punt forward with Dutch players on a fast break...

I thought it was Scotland's best performance since Burley took over but there just seems to be no escaping the fate of glorious losers. We just seem so unlucky all the time although you could point to the Macedonia game, the miss against Norway and the sending off in the second Norway game which shows we just don't help ourselves.

With so few players to choose from, banning or alienating so many from the squad is pretty much football suicide. Better handling of players would mean we'd still have MacGregor, Ferguson and Boyd - not that it would have changed anything last night. But you still want your best players available.

If Weir never attempted to head the ball back to Marshall, would the ball have ended up in the path of the Dutch player anyway?

Weir will just stick the fingers up at the media, retire from international football and continue to plays amazing for Rangers.

Everyone knows the guy is an excellent player.

Weir showed the Heid, Scotlands player of the year, how to play as an International CB, the Hied let Scotland down with his performance against Norway

The warning signs for Walter Smith couldnt be more clearer. Miller aint no Lone striker and Weir isnt going to be good enough for the CL. We need a centre half big time.

The CL is a bonus IMO. So long as Weir is good enough for the SPL (and he is) then that is our priority and it will do for me.

Miller won't play up front on his own often this season, certainly not in the SPL, so again that will do for me.

The CL is a bonus IMO. So long as Weir is good enough for the SPL (and he is) then that is our priority and it will do for me.

Miller won't play up front on his own often this season, certainly not in the SPL, so again that will do for me.

Im talking outside the SPL. We really should make an effort in the CL and i fear weir in particular will be a weak link. He tired very early in the game last night and we really need someone stronger against bigger opposition.

Im talking outside the SPL. We really should make an effort in the CL and i fear weir in particular will be a weak link. He tired very early in the game last night and we really need someone stronger against bigger opposition.

We will make an effort in the CL. However, our financial constraints said we were pretty lucky to get ONE player in for this transfer window. I wont complain with Rothen but was disappointed it wasnt a CB.

If we dont have the money we cant buy players, right ?

Unfortunately it is the hand we are dealt this year. Fiscal prudence was the right way to go IMO.

The warning signs for Walter Smith couldnt be more clearer. Miller aint no Lone striker and Weir isnt going to be good enough for the CL. We need a centre half big time.

I think Miller can play the lone striker role, but the reason he can't play up front himself is that ultimately he can't finish. Hope that makes sense. His performance last night was classical Kenny Miller - did the work of two men and caused the defence continual problems, but couldn't hit a barn door to finish it off. One of his best performances of the season for me but when you're your team's only striker you're being paid to score goals. It's no doubt been said a hundred times, but combine Miller's running with Boyd's finishing and you've got a very, very expensive footballer.

I thought Weir had a fine game, but he'll only be remembered for his part in Holland's goal unfortunately. That said, I agree that we're in dire need of cover. To ask him to play in every single game for the third season running isn't going to work, and I'm concerned about his lack of pace in the CL. I don't think there's any real doubt this is Davie Weir's last season.