Without getting too excited

The problem with internet meddage board rumours is the success rate.

Not saying anything about this one as I haven't seen it, nor am I having a go at VB, just generalising about the rumour mill, especially regarding things going on inside Ibrox.

As we all know, when Murray wants something to be kept quiet, it usually is kept quiet.

Any chance of saying a bit more about what is being said, Norris? Who is involved etc?

The problem with internet meddage board rumours is the success rate.

Not saying anything about this one as I haven't seen it, nor am I having a go at VB, just generalising about the rumour mill, especially regarding things going on inside Ibrox.

As we all know, when Murray wants something to be kept quiet, it usually is kept quiet.

Correct

Any chance of saying a bit more about what is being said, Norris? Who is involved etc?

Little at the moment.

Thread by a regular 'foreveroffended' called "Dont shoot the messenger, Buyout almost done and dusted"

"Just heard from within a consortium has bought us. Confirmation or denials , please post here later"

He later confirms the source is from within Ibrox.

The only other post with anything approaching info:

"Having spoke with forever, I've no reason to doubt the sincerity of what he's saying.Admin I believe are very much on the case. As the thread says though, don't shoot the messenger. he believes the source to be reliable."

The problem is of course that if talks break down at an advanced stage, we never get to hear anything about it, and therefore the poster looks rather foolish, despite posting real information passed to him in good faith at the time.

Time will tell I suppose, but I find it hard to believe that if Murray stepping down was not leaked at all, an actual buyout has been leaked, allbeit with no details whatsoever other than "a consortium"

Just posted on RM by "BallochBear" (459 posts).

I might be able to add something to this. I was talking to a very good friend and employee of SDM on Wednesday in Aberdeen,(so close in fact he has got me tickets for me and my son for Seville away from SDM himself) Anyway he tells me the deal is almost done, it is a consortium led by 3 very wealthy guys, 1 from N. Ireland, 1 from West of Scotland and 1 other unnamed. He also told me that SDM rejected an offer last year which was more than he had offered as in his opinion they did not have the best interests of Rangers at heart.

Apparently they have almost finished due diligence and he expected an announcement before the end of October. He thinks that our new chairman is the choice of the group and that's why SDM has now resigned so the hand-over is smoother come the day.