I'm sure the tims would have been rubbing their hands in glee earlier this afternoon, laughing at our dropped points on the road.

I was stuck at work and did not see the game, so perhaps am slightly less affected by what sounds like an underwhelming performance. I was disappointed to see that we had given Celtic a timely boost before their game.

Fortunately the mhankies could not take advantage and only managed a draw at home themselves. Goodwillie giving United an early lead at Parkhead with Celtic only securing a draw despite home advantage and their opponents finishing the game with 10 men.

At FT in our match everyone would have been anticipating Celtic going to the top of the table. They couldn't take advantage.

Now, rather than dwelling on the fact that we have dropped silly points on the road again (when was the last season we did not drop silly points in a few games?) I would argue we have had the better of this weekend.

Surely 2 points dropped at home is a greater dent to their title challenge than us dropping 2 on the road? I would say that whilst we will all be disappointed with this weekend's game we should take heart from the fact that in terms of title aspirations it has been a slightly worse weekend for Celtic.

Tend to agree. The mhanks are absolutely raging, which says it all.

I don't frequent their boards and couldn't today if I wanted due to being at work. However I imagine looking at their boards before their game kicked off and at full-time would illustrate my point perfectly.

Obviously I can't comment on the manner of our dropped points and most will still be annoyed about the dropped points. But in the context of this weekend and the league campaign it has probably been a better weekend for us.

i think the the performance was the most frightening thing today. Again we showed the same fragilities as in the past few seasons. No urgency, no width, no ideas, chase shadows and when the big chance comes we fluff it. What Celtic do is secondary. WE really have to play better than today.

I think we had the better of the weekend, however it's way too early in the season to talk of "dent"s to title challenges IMO. I always think you get a good idea of what's happening after, say, 15 games.

Absolutely, even before the MOPES game kicked off I just thought ok it is points dropped but I also know the MOPES will drop points throughout the season,as will we.

I think we had the better of the weekend, however it's way too early in the season to talk of "dent"s to title challenges IMO. I always think you get a good idea of what's happening after, say, 15 games.

Agreed, maybe getting a bit ahead of myself. The true impact on the season ahead will not be seen until int's conclusion. By which time some other dropped or gained points will have become the "key fixture" anyway.

Just felt that we were building up a head of steam and flip from wildly optimistic to wholly pesimistic on the back of one result/performance. Especially when our only rivals could not capitalise.

I was delighted when the full time score from Parkdead came through. However we will drop points at home too and will need to play a hell of a lot better than we did yesterday if we are going to retain our Championship. I think the best way to sum up is - as happened last season - there will be plenty more twists and turns to come with both sides of the OF slipping up

We need to win our next two games in the league, away to Killie and then home to Aberdeen. Then after that we have Celtic, these are the games that can decide a title, 24 points up for stake really. Anyone know what Celtics next few fixtures ase !