Madjid Bougherra

Didn't you previously say that he was off in the summer just gone? :confused:

No i said if anyone will get sold it will be him. He did state that he wanted a crack at the CL and would like to move on to the premiership.

If he keeps turning in performances like last nights then it will be sooner rather than later.

If we'd kept Cuellar and had Boogies beside him. :eek:

And yes I know thats a non-starter unfortunately.

Its a nice dream, and throw Hutton in at RB as well and Whittaker at LB (where i think he is better).

Hutton______Bougherra_____Cuellar_____Whittaker = some defence!!

If you are Boogie, seriously, what are your career options In January or May?

If he wants CL and EPL at the same time then he's looking at joining one of only 5 clubs, where the CH's are generally of a very high standard indeed. I honestly don't see how he can go from Charlton to Rangers for a short period and then suddenly find himself at Arsenal or whatever. The top clubs in England are also amongst the top clubs in the CL each season too - that means they are amongst the very top players in Europe.

It's a difficult one for him - I can see him going abroad again tbh because I doubt any of the big 5 in England will be in for him unless he does something remarkable in Europe in a successful Rangers team.

Not slagging the guy ability-wise, but I just don't see what he's done to merit being bracketed as truly top-drawer. So I don't see that his CL/EPL dream is going to happen unless it's after another in-between move.

If you are Boogie, seriously, what are your career options In January or May?

If he wants CL and EPL at the same time then he's looking at joining one of only 5 clubs, where the CH's are generally of a very high standard indeed. I honestly don't see how he can go from Charlton to Rangers for a short period and then suddenly find himself at Arsenal or whatever. The top clubs in England are also amongst the top clubs in the CL each season too - that means they are amongst the very top players in Europe.

It's a difficult one for him - I can see him going abroad again tbh because I doubt any of the big 5 in England will be in for him unless he does something remarkable in Europe in a successful Rangers team.

Not slagging the guy ability-wise, but I just don't see what he's done to merit being bracketed as truly top-drawer. So I don't see that his CL/EPL dream is going to happen unless it's after another in-between move.

Agree with the part regarding Bougherra going to a top 5 EPL team,he's a good player but I don't think he's good enough to play for any of them. Although we must remember it's all about money, if a decent offer comes in does he have much choice ??

Agree with the part regarding Bougherra going to a top 5 EPL team,he's a good player but I don't think he's good enough to play for any of them. Although we must remember it's all about money, if a decent offer comes in does he have much choice ??

That's what we'll find out when he's properly tested mate. He specifically said this year it wasn't about money and that's why he wanted to stay here - to play in the CL.

If we win the SPL this season and no EPL top 5 are in for him then he's got a decision to make. Unless a Stuttgart-level club come in for him or something like that, where he can probably get big money and CL football. If he goes to a Villa/Spurs/Everton then he's taking his chances on his own ability to get a further move up. If not, he's in the EPL on big cash but not doing anything in Europe.

We'll see!

That's what we'll find out when he's properly tested mate. He specifically said this year it wasn't about money and that's why he wanted to stay here - to play in the CL.

If we win the SPL this season and no EPL top 5 are in for him then he's got a decision to make. Unless a Stuttgart-level club come in for him or something like that, where he can probably get big money and CL football. If he goes to a Villa/Spurs/Everton then he's taking his chances on his own ability to get a further move up. If not, he's in the EPL on big cash but not doing anything in Europe.

We'll see!

Yip, I was meaning Rangers accepting a bid for him,not Bougherra wanting the cash

Its a nice dream, and throw Hutton in at RB as well and Whittaker at LB (where i think he is better).

Hutton______Bougherra_____Cuellar_____Whittaker = some defence!!

Hutton Bougherra Cuellar Numan :whistle:

Speaking of Boogie for the off, that goal list night will not have helped our chances of keeping him. :(