Hallo! Hallo! Wir sind der Billy Boys!

Sectarianism alive and well in Stuttgart

by Roddy Forsyth

Rangers' visit to Baden-W�¼rttemberg this week was their third excursion to the area on Champions League business, a fact remarked upon by the Vfb Stuttgart president, Dr Erwin Staudt, when he addressed the Ibrox directors at the lunch traditionally given by the host club for their visitors on the day of the match.

"We specially welcome our friends from Glasgow with whom we are building a bond," said the affable Staudt.

"You have been here three times and we have been in Glasgow three times. We are both football clubs with long histories and passionate supporters."

The Rangers VIPS, who have had to become used to picking their way through the minefield of political correctness in recent years, nodded in agreement at these unexceptional observations.

However, they were bolt upright in their seats when the Herr Doktor went on: "And what is more, you are a Protestant club – and we also are a Protestant club."

Staudt then pointed at one his own directors and boomed: "We only employ one Catholic – and it is him!" At which the nominated director threw his hands in the air and cried out: "I am sorry! I am sorry!"

Altogether now, as they might sing in Baden-W�¼rttemberg: "Hallo! Hallo! Wir sind der Billy Boys!"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/scotland/6203927/Ten-questions-on-George-Burley-for-Tartan-Army-to-answer.html

My concern grows for the privately educated Roddy Forsyth.

He appears unable or unwilling to write a piece about Rangers without including references to sectarianism or bigotry. He must preserve the industry that supports his standard of life.

I heard ra Bhoy in Corduroy at the post match press conference in Stuttgart, you just know that Spiers, Forsyth, Ewan Murray, ........... etc could NOT resist cobbling together something like above. Another wizard wheeze conjured in the toilets by public schoolBhoys.

My concern grows for the privately educated Roddy Forsyth.

He appears unable or unwilling to write a piece about Rangers without including references to sectarianism or bigotry. He must preserve the industry that supports his standard of life.

I heard ra Bhoy in Corduroy at the post match press conference in Stuttgart, you just know that Spiers, Forsyth, Ewan Murray, ........... etc could NOT resist cobbling together something like above. Another wizard wheeze conjured in the toilets by public schoolBhoys.

How he can justify that headline for that story - the work of a bona fide Rangers-hater, token RC wife etc.

Incidentally do you think this story would make it into German newspapers, let alone under the tired old "sectarianism" banner? While the Scottish mhedia have created a situation whereby Protestantism linked with Rangers = bad, I'm sure Germans wouldn't bat an eyelid at Stuttgart being linked with the same.

I'm convinced the rest of Europe would be astounded if they knew how things worked here.

Tedious nonsense which I think most people will have skimmed past given how unoriginal and tiresome the topic has become.

Saturation point was past a long time ago for most people. Even the Celtic fans I know have stopped highlighting such pieces.

Zzzzzz @ Roddy

If this wee waste of space article makes it to print, it makes you wonder what the leprechaun pits of the media will through up when Celtic fail in the Europa Cup, drop behind in the SPL & TGFITW turn their attentions to scheming again. Don't sing it.