I imagined there'd be at least one. That's why I said clubs. :P

Give it a couple of years and we will also be saying the same about Inter.

Manicini was sacked after winning 3 consecutive league titles. Mourinho is at one and counting.

Watch this space.......

...a team who have won just two of their last 17 European ties inside 90 minutes.

You've got to love the way journos and mopes alike can twist and shape the stats to suit their agenda. Although DB's supposed to be on our side (he is isn't he?? :confused:) in this case it's just to give some sort of justification to his doom & gloom standpoint. Nevermind the fact that following that European run our standing as far as the stats that count were concerned was at (or near as damn it) an all time high. No that would just be 'papering over the cracks' wouldn't it Darryl?

It's like the new 'one SPL trophy in the last four years' stat. Why not 2 in the last 5 years or 5 out of 11 since the SPL began? Phuds :throwpc:

Although DB's supposed to be on our side (he is isn't he?? :confused:)

I believe Darryl Broadfoot to be one of us. But I couldn't particularly give a rat's arse whether journalists support Rangers, Celtic or Elgin City - all Rangers fans have ever asked for is parity.

In a country of toe-curlingly substandard hacks, Darryl Broadfoot is better than most.

It's like the new 'one SPL trophy in the last four years' stat. Why not 2 in the last 5 years or 5 out of 11 since the SPL began? Phuds

My all-time favourite bheast propaganda stat is that Martin O'Neill "dominated" Scottish football.

During The Blessed Martin's tenure at Snake Mountain, Celtic won 6 trophies, Rangers won 7.

The bheasts have also apparently "dominated" the SPL.

Celtic have won the SPL 6 times, Rangers 5. Pyoor dominashun n at no?

Goebbels would balk at some of the shit that comes out that midden.

I believe Darryl Broadfoot to be one of us. But I couldn't particularly give a rat's arse whether journalists support Rangers, Celtic or Elgin City - all Rangers fans have ever asked for is parity.

Couldn't agree more. Trouble is we rarely get it. Over the past couple of decades unbiased media coverage has increasingly become a rarity.

In a country of toe-curlingly substandard hacks, Darryl Broadfoot is better than most.

I just think that in this instance we could have been doing with a more level headed approach from a journalist of his caliber. Leave it to the likes of Traynor, Speirs & Martin to sensationalize the problems our club is facing.

Instead he's twisted Walter Smiths words to insinuate that he doesn't believe we have a team capable of competing on the European stage at least not when we try to actually play football. This leads into his insinuation that Walter is playing hardball in his contract negotiations over the lack of funds available for strengthening the squad.

He's then went on to arrange the stats surrounding our better achievements to best suit his argument that our chairman is kidding himself if he thinks that he can promote the branding of our club on the global stage. 'The end is nigh', 'Papering over the cracks' of our 'broken crest' - it's all in there.

I agree that Darryl Broadfoot is one of the better hacks, but I would have expected more from him on this occasion.

Give it a couple of years and we will also be saying the same about Inter.

Manicini was sacked after winning 3 consecutive league titles. Mourinho is at one and counting.

Watch this space.......

So we're agreed it's pretty rare then. :thup: