Proof positive that Rangers fans are being ripped off

It is an interesting debate starter as these things always are.

Even accounting for Kauns I think it's mad we can be 14th one year and 96th 2 years later. :confused:

I dunno if you were using it to suggest Sevilla are a glamour club? They are not. But they should be. If other leagues got half the coverage the EPL does then surely Sevilla would be up around the Chelsea's or at least Arsenal's for glamour on the recent seasons?

Ps. Post the original link in a new thread and I can sticky it if you cant.

Get in.... 2 more tickets sold. I dont have my flight paid for but I have a ticket for my Bro and I for the Stuttgart game. Sweet.

GF3 - 2nd row, prefer being further back but needed seats together as my brother is handicapped.

Get in.... 2 more tickets sold. I dont have my flight paid for but I have a ticket for my Bro and I for the Stuttgart game. Sweet.

GF3 - 2nd row, prefer being further back but needed seats together as my brother is handicapped.

One thing that is pretty neat, is that facility on the website when buying tickets that lets you see the view from every single seat in the stadium.

One thing that is pretty neat, is that facility on the website when buying tickets that lets you see the view from every single seat in the stadium.

Aye, that is a great new feature, although to be pedantic it doesnt give you the view from the seat per se, but from the section you buy the tickets in.

Our seats are int he 2nd row but the "view" on there is from further back.

Still, a great wee feature.

Just checked the Chelsea ticket prices for the Carling Cup game against Bolton - Shed end lower is �£49.

Makes the Seville game look like a bargain. Hibs are just over half the price.

Shows why Chelsea fans are watching less "dross" than us especially when you factor in about 70M from TV. They can certainly afford to cut the ticket price for the CL.

Getting the ticket price right sounds difficult you have to balance projected demand with maximum income but both of these affect each other which makes it harder.

Rangers got it wrong in that the stadium was not full but to get it full would have needed a significant price cut which would have probably resulted in less income.

My point earlier was the paradox where we want the club to buy better players, but that costs more and the majority of the money they get is from your pocket.

I actually think we punch above our weight for our income but if people want to pay less then they have to be willing to accept a drop in quality - and considering what many think of the current quality, that is going to be pretty hard.

Then when you've got a load of Ibrox "customers" forcing the price down, which lowers the quality, which causes dwindling numbers, how would Rangers compete with the scenario of 60000 of Celtic "fans" who are willing to pay a lot more?

Supposing we end up with 30,000 season ticket holders paying �£300 a year to watch us play "dross" and struggle in the SPL while Celtic get 60,000 paying �£500 a year to totally dominate domestically?

That would be �£9M versus �£30M which is then multiplied by cup games, Europe, catering, programs, sponsorship etc, etc.

Would that make Rangers tickets be more value for money?

The board need to get the ticket prices right but it does no good to compare us with Chelsea which is just apples and oranges.

We should be compared only with clubs in Scotland and would you rather pay 25 quid to watch your top of the table team play Hibs or do you think it's better value to pay say �£18 to be a Kilmarnock fan watching a game against Falkirk?

I agree with yout synopsis calscot.

However there is NO WAY Celtic are getting a full house to CL or UEFA games. Their fans are not going to the games the same way ours are.

The differential would not be as extreme as you make out but it is valid nonetheless.