Proof positive that Rangers fans are being ripped off

Man U are charging 27-49 quid with the average looking like it is about 40 quid.

Arsenal I cant get price as you need to be a member.

Liverpool are sold out of online tickets so cant get price.

One thing we havent considered is that Chelsea charging 25 quid could be the exception rather than the norm for CL matches.

so about 46 quid then ?

Given that anyone watching the game at Ibrox or in Sevilla are watching the same two teams that would suggest that 38 quid is decent enough value.

However, you would also have to factor in other things like the Spanish vs UK economy and other external factors.

so about 46 quid then ?

Given that anyone watching the game at Ibrox or in Sevilla are watching the same two teams that would suggest that 38 quid is decent enough value.

However, you would also have to factor in other things like the Spanish vs UK economy and other external factors.

Aye. I'll try and remember to post back when we get the exact price.

It appears in Spain you can't buy tickets ages in advance like you can in Britain. Tickets seem to be available to buy a week or two before the match.

Certainly that was the case for the Real Madrid - Almeria game in March.

I agree with yout synopsis calscot.

However there is NO WAY Celtic are getting a full house to CL or UEFA games. Their fans are not going to the games the same way ours are.

The differential would not be as extreme as you make out but it is valid nonetheless.

I agree, but the extreme differential was a worst case scenario to emphasize the point. Celtic may not be getting full houses for Euro games but I'm assuming they will average about 50k which is like a full house for us. They also get 56-57k for SPL games.

You may see them as less loyal fans than us at the moment but that could easily change and leave us behind. They are already ahead of us in income and their debt is a lot less.

If we fall much further behind them in earnings it could start to make a big difference in the teams on the pitch.

Our club has to compete financially and that's always going to affect ticket prices unless we're already streets ahead of Celtic.

Everywhere is now a financial race with fans being charged more and more and paying extortionate amounts for Sky TV. Clubs are scared of falling behind and so are starting to squeeze their fans for money.

It has to end somewhere but if you abdicate from the race right now, you just won't be successful.

They got it wrong in trying to maximise the income from tickets.

They banked on our loyalty meaning that we'd get a full house. Normally the club get it about spot on. They perhaps didn't factor in the credit crunch and the quality of opposition.

That said 40k at �£38 =�£1,520,000

50k at �£30 =�£1,500,000

Disagrees with Gisa's assertion.

So the club got it wrong in that we didn't have a full house. Yet we still got the same amount of money.

Had they pitched them at �£30 and more than sold out the stadium, the individual who set the price would get his balls toed. From a financial point of view the club will be happy they got nothing wrong.

I think we'll see more tickets bought on an individual basis anyway, increasing turnover and hence getting the club more money, which is what they want.

Being able to rationally analyse the process as Calscot has, with an understanding of business, is not the same as ranting at fans and his point about contradictory arguements is fair, even if that annoys us.

I pulled 30 quid out of the air. But assuming that they did charge that you could also through in the loss of merchandise sales too. 10, 000 hot dogs and coke at 4.80 a shout, possible sales at the Rangers shop etc.

And the effect of playing to a full crowd too. that was the biggest loss.

I couldnt see but by all accounts all the scarves and pies being thrown were from the "expensive seats" in the broomloan.

They also get 56-57k for SPL games.

They actually don't mate. Have a look on their boards and you will see regular tales of 50-52k at Porkheid. I'd say they would be lucky to have 44k ST holders this season, which is significantly down on last season.

They are never off the radio or billboards trying to punt tickets.