The Ongoing Media Challenge - Can The Assembly Force Change?

Once or twice a year my arse Gribz.

A whole article may not be penned attacking Rangers. But at least one jibe, criticism or attack will be included in articles on near enough a weekly basis.

We should be thoughtful of becoming or more importantly appearing overly offended S_A. Someone like Jim Traynor shit-stirs week in, week out, making jibes & criticisms of every club in Scottish football, but it's what keeps the guy in a job & he certainly won't be banned from any Scottish football stadiums for being controversial or saying things that some people would rather he didn't.

You're twisting things now.

Context.

Speirs is a bigot with a completely warped agenda which is demonstrated on a weekly basis. Maybe that's what I should have said last time.

There's a difference between having a wee bit of fun and the nonsense speirs comes out with which merely holds back this sham campaign against sectarianism.

Once or twice a year my arse Gribz.

A whole article may not be penned attacking Rangers. But at least one jibe, criticism or attack will be included in articles on near enough a weekly basis.

Gribz ? Gribz ? Gribz hasnt even posted in this thread :devil:

You're twisting things now.

Context.

Speirs is a bigot with a completely warped agenda which is demonstrated on a weekly basis. Maybe that's what I should have said last time.

There's a difference between having a wee bit of fun and the nonsense speirs comes out with which merely holds back this sham campaign against sectarianism.

I'm not twisting things at all. I only mentioned Traynor as an example of someone who constantly goes out of his way to be controversial & constantly makes denigrating remarks about our club, but maybe it wasn't a great example or comparison to make, since as I said, he does make equally derogatory comments about every club in the SPL. It's just that as with most of these main Scottish football journos, the OF gets the attention of their poison pen and loose tongue more than the rest of the teams.

As I said, I'm by no means sticking up for Spiers, but in all honesty he's by no means the only anti-Rangers media hack, so as mentioned on another thread recently, where do we actually draw the line? Where does it start appearing as if we're becoming hypocritical when we joke about the offended mopes?

The RSA won't force any changes, why would anyone seriously think they could? The change we all seek can only come from within the club itself and there isn't the slightest hint of that happening. Chatter is all very well but it would be wrong of anyone to actually believe the RSA would ever put pressure on the club and madness to think the club would ever yield to such pressure. Only more of the same to look forward to ........ and we know it.