Walter Smith's interview on Radio Scotland!!

Walter Smith just said on Radio Scotland that the bank have taken over the running of the club. This could be taken out of context though because presumably he's just confirming what we've suspected as being the case - that any & all serious financial matters are controlled by the bank & it's the bank that aren't allowing any spending.

First time anyone connected to the Club has admitted this is the case.

We've been talking about it here & are just thinking - what IF! SDM has actually been forced to surrender his ownership of the club to the bank & on paper the bank actually does now own the club? It's a shocking thought, but it might explain a few things we've been wondering about.

Refreshing honesty.

Am I right in saying he also said that every player is for sale and that the club are stagnating until we find a buyer?

A certain poster on another forum with an impeccible track record of information was laughed at a while back when he suggested the bank were pretty much in control.. I believed him then but it's nice to get confirmation as oppose to constant lies.

Am I right in saying he also said that every player is for sale and that the club are stagnating until we find a buyer?

He specifically confirmed that every player has essentially been for sale all year. I think his words were that the club have been honest about every player being available for transfer. We've pretty much known this for almost a year anyway despite hoping that it wasn't quite that bad.

Anyone hear the main media conference on Snyde about 10 to 6?

He was asked about what he said to Chick Young and informed that Johnstone and Bain had said that Rangers was not being run by the bank. "Well I've just said we are - there's a representitive of the bank on the board so as far as I know that's what's happening".

IMHO Walter is sick of getting the flack when he's told the club what the team needs and they've told him he gets nothing. He's becoming increasingly candid and playing it straight down the line, been noticing this for a few weeks now. I posted the other day that walter was showing signs of cracking...... http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=14130&page=5

Interesting thing to note here btw (and I've mentioned this already on Gersnet), is that in the weeks running up to Murray resigning as director & chairman of the club, the Rangers FC share price slumped DRAMATICALLY to a 5/6 year low!! I could be completely wrong, but to me it stinks of a bank buy-out of Murray's majority shareholding. For some obscure reason (cough) share prices always seem to slump before banks buy them. :whistle:

I dont believe that to be the case Shroomz. Could be but I doubt it.

Rangers shares are thinly traded and the price could slump simply because of that thin trading.

Could be wrong though.

I dont believe that to be the case Shroomz. Could be but I doubt it.

Rangers shares are thinly traded and the price could slump simply because of that thin trading.

Could be wrong though.

It was literally a dramatic slump in share price right before Murray stepping out though Craig. Some coincidence is it not?

I think the question we should be asking is who actually owns the club now. Does SDM actually still have the majority shareholding??