New manager time?

New Manaher time?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. New Manaher time?

• Yes - WS and AM to go
    • No - Keep them
    • Dont Know / maybe

I agree with you Gribz. But we have to be careful here.

Ok, yes Smith is a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to tactics, formations and subs. But, who do we replace him with, especially right now with no money?

We would have to ask someone to come in and do the job for cheap(their own wages), meaning he would be rather inexperienced. And he would have no transfer kitty.

If we wait till hopfeully a consortium takes over, theres no doubt in my mind they will change the manager anyway as in Walters words it's become "stagnant". So, it could be worthwhile waiting.

In my mind noone else could've done what Walter Smith has done. He basically won us the league with this team of no-hopers the now. That in itself is astounding. But whats more incredible is he got that team(more or less) to the UEFA cup final.

Now, you have to ask yourself, who else would be able to bring success like that with the budget he's had?(especially last seasons).

I'm a bit wary of fans wanting change, just for changes sake. It could shift the dominance we might have completely and utterly back to Celtics hands.

And, another lesson could be, what if we get another LeGuen tpe situation and it unsettles the team further?

Also, fans should be careful what they wish for. Look at Falkirk. They wanted rid of John Hughes. He was crap according to them, now look at him at Hibs, and look where they are.

Not entitely to do with Rangers, but thats what i don't want.

I would like to see change, but at the moment we are still top of the league(just) with a terrible team. That says a lot for Smith. I think he should see out the end of the season, hopefully he will be given a couple of million(no more) to strentghen the sqad in January. But after that, i'd like to see him retire gloriusly for all he's given us to cheer.

With everything else going on around us we are in a very precarious state as it is. Not sure that a change right now would be good. A change would be no better than a coin-flip for us.

If we DID change manager we potentially would have to buy out the new encumbent's salary at their present club (assuming they have a club). If we get someone who is clubless.... why are they clubless ?

If we then have a change in owner (big if...) they may want their own man in so we could end up paying off that new manager and having to pay AGAIN for another new manager.

Financially, at least, it seems to make sense to stick with what we have (depending on how long this sorry saga plays out).

The players all need to pull their finger out and do the business given the inflated salaries they earn. That said, if they have known about the situation then they too will be fearful of their job and struggling to motivate themselves. That is the wrong way of handling it of course but human nature is such that it is nearly impossible to get the fear out of your mind.