The Billy Boys is back - Yippee

The timing to bring it back couldn't be worse to be honest, but nothing on this earth is going to stop people that are intent on putting their foot down & singing a song they've been told not to. It was inevitable that it was going to happen & all I can say is that it better not cause the club problems because if it does, you're going to see a split in the fans like no other.

At last recognition for starting a reveloution!!! maybe it is time Ulster give something back to our friends across the water in respect of all your support.

And a very worthy something to give. Can't really believe some are so slow to extend similar gratitude but it was obvious from the perticipation at Ibrox yesterday that there are still a few bears left yet.;)

Guest OWLBINMAN

Could I ask andy where in that song does it mention the Rangers, and what about the Sash or Derry's Walls or A Fathers Advice, Wee spot in Europe need I go on.

Might as well out myself.

In all the years I belted TBB out, not once did it cross my mind I was expressing solidarity with people from Ulster. I thought I was cheering on The Rangers.

I guess the song can mean whatever you want it to mean but there's really little point anyone pretending there isn't a huge and long standing link between Rangers and the unionist people of Ulster. It exists whether individual fans participate in that link or not. Many do, many don't, but it definitely exists..

Guest OWLBINMAN

Maybe another case of let's bury our heads and pretend it does not exist or know what we are doing.I am not pretending Rangers is a sole link between loyalist people everywhere, it is our beloved football club first of all, with a Protestant background, have some people forgot the unwritten or written rule we used to have about Catholics.I did not want the post to go down the loyalist route I was only having a laugh about the revolution and the Ulster connection.

And a very worthy something to give. Can't really believe some are so slow to extend similar gratitude but it was obvious from the perticipation at Ibrox yesterday that there are still a few bears left yet.;)

So your only a bear if you sing the Billy boy's? Shit let's forget the football and start a karioke club. Love the melody and that should be brought back as a football song. The words mean nothing to me and probably nothing to most supporters. I have also no wish to be up to the knees in anyone's blood so why should i sing it. David Murray is perfectly correct in trying to ban the lyrics. Supporting a football team is nothing to do with singing loyalist songs.

Some people should jump into the 21st centuary instead of living in the past.

So your only a bear if you sing the Billy boy's? Shit let's forget the football and start a karioke club. Love the melody and that should be brought back as a football song. The words mean nothing to me and probably nothing to most supporters. I have also no wish to be up to the knees in anyone's blood so why should i sing it. David Murray is perfectly correct in trying to ban the lyrics. Supporting a football team is nothing to do with singing loyalist songs.

Some people should jump into the 21st centuary instead of living in the past.

You could always just sit and sing nothing then.