Are Rangers fans also up for change?

When this mess is cleared away and new owners take their seat round the boardroom table, I sincerely hope the support will follow suit and dismantle the archaic structures we have today. We urgently need to voluntarily sweep away the RSA, the silly RST and all the other acronyms who claim to represent but actually contribute rather little and certainly far less than any of them would claim.

If we are prepared to criticise and offer advice to shareholders, directors and investors then I'd like to think we could also take a look at ourselves and create a single point of focus for all Rangers supporters, one that is both democratic and dynamic, something we've seen precious little of to date.

Are we honest enough and ambitious enough to do that? Or will we just keep squabbling and achieving so very little.

There's no doubt in my mind that there's going to be big problems with any new idea for uniting the support into a single entity. If there's squabbling now, just wait till the current groups & organizations realize that they need to get with a new program & there's some actual decisions to be made.

Ach away yer dreaming mate. Yes we, the fans are of course "up for change". That is surely clear. Uniting the various supporters groups into one single, focussed entity? More chance of the Atlantic league kicking off next season!

Maineflyer we have agreed and disagreed over a few things lately and again I possibly agree with your arguement about the support changing , but why label the RST as " silly " they more than anyone have driven the change , going back to the origins and Frankie may or may not agree with this , the trust have swam amongst a tide of apathy , trying to get a better Rangers and a better future for all of us who support this fantastic institution , please do not belittle their attempts or their aims . They have never tried to better theirselves individually , they have never tried to gain favour of the support , in fact their criticism of the club have made many figures of hate , the gerssave has never takenoff , partly as a backfire against the trust , ohh the irony .

The bottom line and many Rangers fans cannot stomach this , is we are apathetic, we will not fight for our club and await a white knght to ride to save us , and then we will start shouting from the stands as per usual .

This is an opportunity to unify a support , unfortunately the support is waiting for someone to sort it out for them ......

Although rbr is correct to say the dismissal of what the Trust tried to achieve is perhaps harsh, I'd agree we do need to change the way our representative groups work.

The Assembly has certainly said lately it wants to do that so I guess we can only try and influence that if we really care about how we get our point across. Problem is apathy and excuses of course. That is perhaps the insurmountable obstacle as opposed to actually being able to put together something that could work.

How would you constitute a new organisation MF? Not something you can answer in one post on an internet forum but what kind of changes would you make in a generic sense?

Genuinely interested in what you (or anyone else for that matter) has to say on the subject. Maybe an article in it... ;)

The Barcelona setup should be the template for any modern football club , with a membership and voting rights , all senior Directors should be made available for voting in/out and all should have a vision of where our club and how our club would get there .

Of course their should be a membershp fee for the right to vote and take part in any club election . This would also deal with the apathy issue , I have e-mailed this idea to Bain on several occasions never having recieved a reply

The Barcelona setup should be the template for any modern football club , with a membership and voting rights , all senior Directors should be made available for voting in/out and all should have a vision of where our club and how our club would get there .

Of course their should be a membershp fee for the right to vote and take part in any club election . This would also deal with the apathy issue , I have e-mailed this idea to Bain on several occasions never having recieved a reply

I don't understand why you can say that 'the Barcelona setup should be the template for any modern football club' with any degree of certainty rbr. I'm not saying that it wouldn't or couldn't work, but Barcelona is significantly bigger than Glasgow & Spain probably has a population ten times larger than Scotland. If you also take into account that Barca's support not only comes from all over Catalan, but from Spanish people all over the world, then what you end up with is little & large, us being little. Again, I'm not saying it couldn't work, but I'm definitely skeptical.

I don't understand why you can say that 'the Barcelona setup should be the template for any modern football club' with any degree of certainty rbr. I'm not saying that it wouldn't or couldn't work, but Barcelona is significantly bigger than Glasgow & Spain probably has a population ten times larger than Scotland. If you also take into account that Barca's support not only comes from all over Catalan, but from Spanish people all over the world, then what you end up with is little & large, us being little. Again, I'm not saying it couldn't work, but I'm definitely skeptical.

At this moment Rangers fans not just in Scotland but all over the world are worrying and discussing our future , Dave King if the press and respected posters are to be believed is the favoured saviour , a guy who stays in S A and has major contacts there , our Chairman is a Director of IMG a global management company , we have supporters groups all over the world , and as for Barcelona and it's population then I agree however it is not universal in Spain , just ask any Madrista.

We do not have the finances that other major clubs have , we cannot keep Knocking our potential and our appeal , we are a global brand we are GLASGOW RANGERS and we deserve better .