Gerspride conference, Sat 14 nov

They say a hollow drum beats loudest and you certainly beat very loudly, I see you still fail to post up your facts, why would that be, I think we know, as for the rest of your beating, it sounds very much like you are beating the retreat, time to put up don't you think.

So what facts that I've stated have I not backed up?

Care to state the relevance of your previous post?

He doesn't have one. He's just at the wind-up.

Why are posters putting it about that Rangers are in immediate mortal danger, when they are anything but.

Hearts debt by comparison is �£38+ million and they are hardly in the same financial league as us. I do not see anyone preparing obituaries for them.

As stated bludell, you have substantiated nothing.

Why are posters putting it about that Rangers are in immediate mortal danger, when they are anything but.

Hearts debt by comparison is �£38+ million and they are hardly in the same financial league as us. I do not see anyone preparing obituaries for them.

you are the one keeping this going , you started your first post on this by stating you weren't a financial expert , 5 pages on your word is gospel and respected posters not only on this site but on many Rangers site's are having to back up their own opinions to suit yours , which by the way is just an opinion and nothing you have posted has been backed up by facts either .

Perhaps because their bank weren't refusing to renew their lending facility for a period of time?

Spanner,

The Chairman said the following things last week;

1. he had fought very hard for an independent Board at RFC in the last 2 months

2. RFC is in the position where it relies on acquiescence of the bank to underpin the running of the club

3. the business plan is acceptable to the bank but is not satisfactory to RFC

4. the business plan does not satisfy the ambitions of the club

We are hostage to this unsatisfactory arrangement now which is why we urgently need significant fresh capital to come forward.

If nothing changes, what direction do you see the club going in, either in January or in June and what are the implications would you say?

Spanner,

2. RFC is in the position where it relies on acquiescence of the bank to underpin the running of the club

We are hostage to this unsatisfactory arrangement now which is why we urgently need significant fresh capital to come forward.

If nothing changes, what direction do you see the club going in, either in January or in June and what are the implications would you say?

Very well put UCB , on another point but hopefully still relative to this thread , as a lifetime member of the trust that didn't make the last AGM , at this critical time do you agree that getting the message across not only to RST , Assembly , Assosciation members , but the whole support is an absolute must and what means are being put in place to do this if any , also the talk about a " figurehead " to face up the campaign is getting alot of press , do you also agree that whoever this may be they must be in it for the long haul and not to give it a bit of glitz or glammer . Sorry this is turning into Prime Minister's question's :):)

Far be it for me to get in the middle of a healthy "debate"..... but spanner, in post 109 you said you know that no-one has defaulted on anything yet. Where is the proof of that ? You have constantly in this thread asked BD for proof of his "suppositions" and yet you havent provided anything for your own.

FWIW, BD HAS provided you with facts - check out post 110 - the first two items BD mentions about having to pay back 400 mill of loans is fact. All you need to do to see said facts is take a look at the MIH financial statements, it will be there in black and white how much MIH have to pay back in less than a year and then up to 5 years and then long term. Those are facts. I havent checked MIH financials but I am sure BD has and if he sees that the cash balances arent sufficient to support loan repayments to the tune of 400 mill then I will believe that. Again, it isnt difficult to look at the financials at the cash balances and do a reasoned projection of income and expenses over the 12 month period. Calculating a cashflow is NOT that hard.

And if we dont believe when the chairman tells us that the bank had withdrawn the credit facility then we are in trouble. Who else should we believe ? Your brother who is in Asset Finance with Lloyds ? Why should we believe the word of your brother over the chairman of RFC ?

BTW, this is not a slight against your brother but just because he is "close" to the issue being in Asset Finance at Lloyds doesnt necessarily mean he knows the accounts "too well". I have seen plenty of people both in asset finance and investment banking that could barely tell you an asset from a liability. That is not to say your brother is like that though.

Spanner,

Why urgently, you are making a drama out of paper talk, are you implying that Rangers are in immediate danger of financial meltdown, Martin Bains statement in the accounts says very differently. It appears a lot of glory hunters are looking for their 15 minutes of fame out of this media driven and invented drama, Rangers FC are in no danger despite the doom merchants.

The bottom line is very simple either MIH and Rangers by assocciation are trading legally or they are not, either solvent or insolvent, solvent being the obvious answer, investment is always welcome in any business but we wont go bust tomorrow or next year if we don't get it. The club as always will go in the direction plotted by SDM, somethings never change despite the window dressing.

Why urgently, you are making a drama out of paper talk, are you implying that Rangers are in immediate danger of financial meltdown, Martin Bains statement in the accounts says very differently. It appears a lot of glory hunters are looking for their 15 minutes of fame out of this media driven and invented drama, Rangers FC are in no danger despite the doom merchants.

The bottom line is very simple either MIH and Rangers by assocciation are trading legally or they are not, either solvent or insolvent, solvent being the obvious answer, investment is always welcome in any business but we wont go bust tomorrow or next year if we don't get it. The club as always will go in the direction plotted by SDM, somethings never change despite the window dressing.

This is so like the debates that started around the end of Wee Dick's tenure when respected posters started really questioniong the viability of our transfer policy only to be shouted down by the MURRAY is God brigade , of which I happened to belong at that time and for my sins , now we have a very simillar situation except you either believe we are in trouble or you believe it is a big scary bogey story by the press , well I have read far too much , and listened to the opinions of friends inside the media to believe this is anything but real , if you continually want to believe everything is hunky dorey then batter at it , your glass will always be full .