Villa Interest In Bardsley

Monday August 21st 2006, 11:12 am

Filed under: Player News

Aston Villa want to bring Manchester United fullback Phil Bardsley back to England. Bardsley made his debut for Rangers on Saturday after signing on a six-month loan at Ibrox last week. However, the People says Villa boss Martin O�Neill fancies bringing Bardsley back to the Premiership before the summer market closes in a permanent deal. Your thoughts please

I hope this isn't true as i hope he gets a chance with us.

The price is 1mill. Maybe we should beat them to it and sign him.

Villa eyeing �£1m move for Manchester United youngster?

08:47 August, 21, 2006

Phil Bardsley is being linked with a switch to Aston Villa

Mail The FansFC Editor

Send This Article To A Friend

Post Your View on The Msg Board

The 21-year-old right-back joined Rangers last week on a season-long loan deal and made his Ibrox debut in Saturday�s 2-0 win over Hearts.

New Aston Villa boss Martin O�Neill however is set to see if his Manchester United counterpart Sir Alex Ferguson can be tempted into parting company with Bardsley permanently.

United have another promising youngster in the right-back position, Danny Simpson, while England international Gary Neville shows no sign of giving up his first-team spot just yet.

From what ive heard, Manc Utd want Bardsley to replace Neville when he is ready, i really cant see them letting him go for �£1 Million and if they are looking to let him go for anywhere near that i would like to think we would get first dibs on him considering he is currently here.

Surely we have more to offer the lad than shitty Villa, eventhough they play in the EPL its a mid table place most seasons with the occasional relegation dog fight and pish poor fans whereas we can offer an atmosphere like Saturday which apparantly really impressed him, and a chance to play in Europe every season.

i dont think bardley will go back to man utd or go to villa

i think if he keeps playing well and the atmosphere is like that every week i think he will want to stay here - especially if he is getting a regular game

that goes with martin

i dont think bardley will go back to man utd or go to villa

i think if he keeps playing well and the atmosphere is like that every week i think he will want to stay here - especially if he is getting a regular game

that goes with martin

Bardlsey possibly Fraser - but NO WAY will we be able to keep martin on a long-term permanent deal !!