Hello, first time post.

Just wanted to say on this matter, it's not really the V finger salute that annoys me. More the fact that in this day and age football players would be binge drinking so close to important matches. Scottish football and probably British in general is held back by poor dieting and drinking. Would Arsene Wenger allow his players to go out heavily drinking? I doubt it. Cesc Fabregas and Eduardo and co would spend their spare time maximising their fitness and looking after themselves. What's worrying from a Scottish perspective too is that apparently half the squad took part in this drinking session, yet just McGregor and Ferguson were punished. I possibly don't know the full story but I don't see why the others weren't given the same punishment. The v thing was then just the icing on the cake. After going against their managers wishes and drinking heavily near a big game, they then showed poor attitude. It says it all that the whole drinking thing seems to be incidental in this matter. If I were boss of football team I'd banish players from all alcohol other than maybe the odd social beer. And if they weren't happy then hard luck. I bet Christiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi don't go out and get pished at the weekends. The 9 in a row team infamously drank fairly heavily together, maybe if they didn't then they wouldn't have got given the run around in Europe so much.

To be honest, I don't think McGregor should be allowed back and it's debatable how good a keeper he really is. He's capable of some top saves but barely a week seems to go by without him making some sort of error. If it wasn't for his excellent performance away to Unirea, would we even be having this conversation?

Having grown up watching Goram and later Klos putting in world class performances, the last few years have been a culture shock.

You do realise that it was Burley that got the bar opened for them in the first place , also at a get together previously Burley was put to bed by 3 senior players because he was that " out of it " , the press are well aware of what went on but as usual have their own agendas , they protect the few chosen ones at all cost , why let the truth get in the way of a good rammy , as for Scotland , I chucked it when that prat Roxburgh was in charge , and as tor the Tartan Fannies , they are no more than a drunken rabble

The whole thing was a fiasco from the start, I could never get my head round the fact that the Scotland team flew back from Holand at 3-4 in the morning in the first place ????, why not stay over and fly back the next morning ???, why then at that time in the morning did Burley allow the bar to be open for the players ???, why were the players not made to go to bed after a few beers ???,why was it that the Rangers players the only ones who were slaughtered in the press and dropped to the bench???, oh aye and you can stick yer tartan army up yer arse

Nothing wrong with a good drink now and again. The press are the main problem in Scottish football all they print is negative stuff even when we're wining!!

The SFA can GTF they are also to blame for the mess Scottish football is in. How much do the fat cats get sitting behind the desks doing bugger all coming up with more shite ideas after shite ideas, nice job if you can get it........what do the they actually put back into the game? the coaching is poor, the facitlties are poor, they are a shambles......

To be honest, I don't think McGregor should be allowed back and it's debatable how good a keeper he really is. He's capable of some top saves but barely a week seems to go by without him making some sort of error. If it wasn't for his excellent performance away to Unirea, would we even be having this conversation?

Horse shit.

Top quality keeper with people still keen to talk up his errors for some reason.

Certainly pushing Gordon close at the very least and when Gordon is not fit you would be a moron to not admit McGregor is easily the best bet.

Given the amount of calamities he's made in his career, it's hard for people not to talk about his errors.

He makes more mistakes in a game than Klos did in a year.

:eek:

You're at it.

It's all very well talking about all the mistakes he's made in his career. :rolleyes: Do we do that to any other player? Or do we talk about form and the player they've turned into? Bar the Hearts error he's been top quality recently. How about you stop talking rubbish.

:eek:

You're at it.

It's all very well talking about all the mistakes he's made in his career. :rolleyes: Do we do that to any other player? Or do we talk about form and the player they've turned into? Bar the Hearts error he's been top quality recently. How about you stop talking rubbish.

McGregor's still made quite a few bad errors this season and you can't afford to have an unpredictable goalie.

Lets not forget Unirea at home either...