I actually did rate him, unlike Gazza. I thought he looked a real player and certainly about 200 times better than the current comedy duo they are entertaining Scotland and Europe with. Very sad.

I wonder if he is suing Ganea? I would.

I don't know if he can really sue him, he did recover and played again ?????, don't know how it works tbh

I actually did rate him, unlike Gazza. I thought he looked a real player and certainly about 200 times better than the current comedy duo they are entertaining Scotland and Europe with. Very sad.

I wonder if he is suing Ganea? I would.

I thought he went in to try and do Ganea, but Ganea got him first. Could be wrong though.

Only the Tims.......

A Celtic fans' chief believes Romania striker Ionel Ganea should have been banned indefinitely for the tackle on John Kennedy which ultimately led to the forced retirement of the Celtic defender on Friday.

Kennedy lasted less than 20 minutes of his Scotland debut at Hampden on March 31, 2004, before a reckless challenge by Ganea forced the defender off with a serious knee ligament injury which kept him out of the Hoops' first team for three years.

Despite several attempts at a comeback Kennedy's knee was never the same and on medical advice he decided yesterday, at the age of 26, to call time on his career.

Peter Rafferty, secretary of the Association of Celtic Supporters' Clubs, described Ganea's challenge as "shocking and disgraceful" and told Press Association Sport: "In my honest opinion, that player should have been banned sine die (indefinitely).

"It was a disgraceful and shocking tackle and I think it was deliberate, not an accident.

"There was no need for it at all, the ball was in the middle of the park and there was no danger to Romania at the time.

"John was extremely unfortunate that night, and he has been an unlucky young man.

"It wasn't as if he didn't try hard enough to get back, he was very dedicated.

"You would see him running round the track at Celtic Park trying to get fit.

"He was the youngest player to play for Celtic when he made his debut in 2000.

"You could see the promise John had as a young player, and on top of that, he was a pleasant young man who always had time for people.

"It is hard to compare players of different generations but John could have been one of the best defenders ever to play for Celtic."

Kennedy, who came through the youth academy at Celtic Park and made 45 appearances for the club, scoring one goal, told the club's official website, http://www.celticfc.net: "It is with great regret that I have made this decision.

"However, given the medical advice which I received, this is the right decision.

"Clearly, this is very disappointing for me and my family. However, this is something I will accept and come to terms with."