Is the time bomb really ticking?

Yes and this article says that Silverburn is attracting bids as well , no mention that the holding company have been put to the sword by HBOS , like I said this guy has no interests in football , and when he told me they were being forced to sell this property for potentially �£20 million below what would have been expected it certainly raises suspicion , remember this was a grade 10 property , you dont get any better listing .

Come on spanner you are holding onto the well used Murray line a wee bit too tightly , it's time to let go and see the light , walk away from the dark side young vader :box::box::box:

You misjudge me, I wouldn't trust SDM as far as I could throw him, but that doesn't mean I can't admire his style or respect his achievments, anyone who can play the bank at their own game has a certain gravitas, and I for one believe he is playing the long game with the bank, he doesn't often lose does he. :)

You misjudge me, I wouldn't trust SDM as far as I could throw him, but that doesn't mean I can't admire his style or respect his achievments, anyone who can play the bank at their own game has a certain gravitas, and I for one believe he is playing the long game with the bank, he doesn't often lose does he. :)

He may have played the bank at their own game , but my god he has had a serious spanking , I dont know what other reports you are reading or what your brother is telling you but from what I am hearing he is proper F****D .

As for his achievements , anyone can play property god with other peoples money , that is the main difference between Murray and Hunter , at the first signs of this Hunters got rid of all his property , he may have taken a hit on the shares but these will recover , unlike Murray

He may have played the bank at their own game , but my god he has had a serious spanking , I dont know what other reports you are reading or what your brother is telling you but from what I am hearing he is proper F****D .

As for his achievements , anyone can play property god with other peoples money , that is the main difference between Murray and Hunter , at the first signs of this Hunters got rid of all his property , he may have taken a hit on the shares but these will recover , unlike Murray

Property will recover as well. Sound area to be in. It just needs to be financed with a long term loan.

A serious spanking, with the banks money ?

Property will recover as well. Sound area to be in. It just needs to be financed with a long term loan.

Absolutely. In fact, I would argue that property is currently one of the best, sound investments one could invest in. The rate of return on property can be very, very good if done right and if done, as BD says, with long term financing and a proper forecast of how to service it.

The only other investment which beats property is the Iraqi Dinar ;)

Absolutely. In fact, I would argue that property is currently one of the best, sound investments one could invest in. The rate of return on property can be very, very good if done right and if done, as BD says, with long term financing and a proper forecast of how to service it.

Seems that the banks are getting horsed (pun intended) in the property market, maybe they don't share your view as to safe investments.

Property is only a good investment if you can finance your loans , spanner does't believe that Murray is taking a spanking because it's the banks money that's why he's about to take a �£20 million hit on a grade 10 building that he has fully leased for the next 5 years , yes sounds like really good business sense there from Murray , doesn't sound like the bank are interfering at all , not !!!!!

Also craig you are right , at this present moment property is probably one of the best investments you could make , if your a buyer , certainly not as a sellar

Seems that the banks are getting horsed (pun intended) in the property market, maybe they don't share your view as to safe investments.

spanner the banks are calling in loans where companies cannot cover their investments , negative equity anyone

I wont even begin to start telling you where you might be wrong on this one.

It is the outstanding mortgages and negative equity which are making the banks itchy (as well as the sub-prime market in the US and all the toxicity of those mortgages).

As a purchaser of property this is a great time to buy because prices are suppressed.

spanner the banks are calling in loans where companies cannot cover their investments , negative equity anyone

The banks are getting billions or have had billions from the public purse to cover their severe horsings, maybe you were having lunch when the property crash was flagged up, finance experts, you just can't get the staff, at least Volvo crash their cars to prove they're safe, what is financial experts excuse, maybe, no not maybe they are definitely not experts, unless of course in fuck-ups. :)

PS. Whatever happened to capitalism, you know where good business survives and prosper and bad ones get the bullet, or is just the same as always the rich hump up the debts then hump Joe Public, 1984 indeed.

Edited by spanner