Don't get the obsession with Souness

Out of work for 3 years after doing terribly with Newcastle, has done little of note in the last 10 years and his credentials are at an all time low in terms of management. As for being owner, what business experience does he have? How do we know he'd be good at running a football club?

Far too much stock is put into this 'Rangers man' and 'he won't be afraid of Celtic' ideology. What we need first and foremost is a manager in charge with talent and recent relevant experience and an owner who knows how to run a business and football club efficiently.

I think a few too many people are thinking of the man in charge before he went to Liverpool and also seeing his comments on sky sports.

I don't see many touting Souness for the Rangers manager's job but, while his business experience and net worth may not be all that much, his presence in any consortium to buy the club may be an important one in terms of reaching fans who may not know others who may be involved...

In that respect he'd be one small cog in a larger machine made up of more informed and experienced people in the relevant fields.

As for being owner, what business experience does he have? How do we know he'd be good at running a football club?

Valid points.

However he has shown some interest in buying clubs previously and could act as a figurehead for any consortium, so could be useful for anyone looking to buy the club.

Some have called for him to be Chairman (or even CEO) but I don't think he has the experience for that.

Do you really see the press having the free run that they currently enjoy if Souness was running the show , far too many of our "media friends " are only too happy to have a go now as they see a possible end game arriving and dont want to miss an open goal

I think more fans admire him more for being a true Rangers man than an average coach.

"True Rangers man"? I lost a lot of respect for him when he jumped ship for Liverpool. The sub-text at the time was that he was saying Liverpool were a bigger club than Rangers. They may be now but not then. I remember someone saying he always had his eye on the Anfield job but I swallowed his guff about the 'only club for me' etc.

In saying that I would still welcome him back.

Do you really see the press having the free run that they currently enjoy if Souness was running the show , far too many of our "media friends " are only too happy to have a go now as they see a possible end game arriving and dont want to miss an open goal

Having the press on our side won't win football matches.

Personally, I completely ignore all Scottish papers and couldn't really care less what tripe they type.

'No one likes us, we don't care'.

Bringing Souness in because he'd speak out to the media is a very feable argument, unless his role was purely on a PR/Executive level. Of which again, he has no experience.

Having the press on our side won't win football matches.

Personally, I completely ignore all Scottish papers and couldn't really care less what tripe they type.

'No one likes us, we don't care'.

Bringing Souness in because he'd speak out to the media is a very feable argument, unless his role was purely on a PR/Executive level. Of which again, he has no experience.

Totti you might not read any of the scottish press but many do , worldwide and online as well , public perception is very much part of our problem, the continual drip drip of lies until those lies become the truth has been happening for years and with no one from the club speaking out , Murray's mantra of a dignified silence has never been a policy hat would work against a media that has an anti rangers agenda , surely you can see that

Totti you might not read any of the scottish press but many do , worldwide and online as well , public perception is very much part of our problem, the continual drip drip of lies until those lies become the truth has been happening for years and with no one from the club speaking out , Murray's mantra of a dignified silence has never been a policy hat would work against a media that has an anti rangers agenda , surely you can see that

Yeah but my last line still stands.