If Bougherra starts, who should he replace?

If Bougherra starts against Stuttgart, who should he replace?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. If Bougherra starts against Stuttgart, who should he replace?

• Whittaker
    • Weir
    • Wilson
    • Papac
    • Davis
    • McCulloch
    • Thomson

Can't believe guys are voting to leave out Whittaker.

Not picking on him, but his positional sense is a shambles at times, getting caught out & wrong sided too easily. His passing from defense is also absolutely dire sometimes even when it's critical not to make a sloppy pass, there he goes & passes it straight to the opposition. He's still young, so it could be argued that it's just a lack of experience, but you do have to wonder if it really is that or if he's just not cut out to be a right back for the light blues. I don't know the answer, but if someone is making way for Bougherra it would be Whitty for me with Bougherra playing right back leaving the Weir/Wilson partnership in place. Whittaker could handle it & it would also be a wee punishment of sorts for Bougherra in the sense that he plays, but not in his normal position. Could easily backfire though, so there would be a risk factor involved as well I'd have thought.

FWIW, it's maybe a daft thread because the only people Walter is likely to drop for Bougherra are Weir & Wilson. I honestly can't see him dropping anyone to make way for Bougherra other than one of those two, but it's interesting to see how many people have voted for McCulloch to drop out to make way for The Algerian With No Calendar. :D

McCulloch has, IMO, been our best midfielder this season and was our best midfielder on Sat again. Wanting to drop him seems to be more of a perception thing and people having pre-conceived ideas about players.

On this season's form alone of the 3 midfielders in this poll (McCulloch, Davis and Thomson) McCulloch would be the LEAST deserving to be dropped from this game.

Papac is a non-starter because Bougherra cant play LB, Wilson or Weir cant so only Whittaker could - so why move Whittaker to LB to make room for Bougherra only to drop the consistent Papac ?

Wilson has been playin well and therefore deserves to remain in the team. With Bougherra showing ever more disrespect to the club this young lad is the way to go.

IMO if Wilson plays Weir has to play. Weir's experience beside Wilson is invaluable. A marauding Bougherra is great but it would leave Wilson badly exposed at times so, for me, Weir & Wilson have to go together.

Whittaker is the easiest to replace IMO. Very good going forward but Whittaker's positional sense whilst defending is shocking at times. He was at it again on Saturday by playing far too narrow. On one occasion he tucked in so narrow that he left the Killie LM about 10 yards of space to get his cross in. Bougherra can make the same marauding runs from RB and his defensive positional sense is better than Whittaker's, whilst he also doesn't leave the other defenders too exposed.

All of that said, he would only make the bench for me and would only come on if we had an injury crisis.

I'd be interested to see Bougherra at right back, with Davis pushed into the centre to accommodate Whittaker at right midfield.

While this means three different changes as opposed to one, I think the team would benefit most from this.

However, I also don't think Bougherra should be recalled as his attitude is undeserving of a first team place so the argument is somewhat moot for me... ;)