This Year's C/League Run

We are competing against a Celtic side that's probably as bad as they've ever been.

They're certainly poor but not as poor as they were in the 90s...

Subjective semantics aside, what they have over us is the ability to sign new players in January. Of course, Mowbray may not buy wisely or their biscuit-tin board may not sanction funds (which Celtic fans claim lost them the title last season) but Celtic possibly have a bit more flexibility than us with regard to a few things.

All the more reason for our club to be innovative during this difficult period for us and Scottish football.

They're certainly poor but not as poor as they were in the 90s...

Subjective semantics aside, what they have over us is the ability to sign new players in January. Of course, Mowbray may not buy wisely or their biscuit-tin board may not sanction funds (which Celtic fans claim lost them the title last season) but Celtic possibly have a bit more flexibility than us with regard to a few things.

All the more reason for our club to be innovative during this difficult period for us and Scottish football.

the early part of the 90's maybe but certainly not the later part where they had Di Canio etc.

Tbh I think Celtic being so dire does us no favours in the long run. Smith has won 4 out of 6 trophies since coming back and that gives people a false sense of how good we are. If Celtic were a half decent side, Smith would be out of a job long ago. The way the SPL's going, there's going to be not one single team worth even entering the champions league.

Edited by Totti

It may turn out to do us no favours that celtic are having such a poor run at the moment, since it may well spur them on to invest in new players in January with a view to qualifying for next season's CL. They may also throw good money after bad and achieve nothing but, like Frankie says, they currently have a deal more room for manoever than us.

For those who say they have no interest in what celtic do, I'd remind them that this is a competition, not a beauty contest.

Yeah, it's amazing how far one team can fall in 10 years.

What's also amazing is how unhappy we can be after just winning the SPL title and while sitting top of the SPL right now. Some will laugh at this fickleness.

Me, I think it's the perfect time to build before we get any worse. I've just no idea where this work will begin and who will be foreman. :(

I should have waited a year with writing the millennium bells. I could have added another very important chapter.

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/newsite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=776&Itemid=2