No Need For A Rant This Week

'Lack of direction' is a bollox argument Norris. Results are what count the most in football & lack of direction wouldn't even be mentioned if we hadn't had some terrible results lately.

People actually talk about Walter as being poor at bringing through youth players, but in reality there's an absolute shit load of players that have gone out on loan to gain important experience while he's been back & we've currently got 1 or 2 U19's in our starting line ups. The crazy thing is that it's not guys like Fleck or Wilson who are letting the team down, it's the higher earners & ultimately the manager for making piss poor team selections.

IMO Smith should be given this season without being harassed by the GTF brigade. I hope he retires having led the club to another league title.

he should have retired at the end of last season on a high. it was said at the time and it has been proved to be the best advice. someone upstairs should have made the decision or at least have the foresight to see it was the best thing for the club. I could see us going down hill under smith at an alarming rate so i dont understand how they could be so blind in the board room.

'Lack of direction' is a bollox argument Norris. Results are what count the most in football & lack of direction wouldn't even be mentioned if we hadn't had some terrible results lately.

People actually talk about Walter as being poor at bringing through youth players, but in reality there's an absolute shit load of players that have gone out on loan to gain important experience while he's been back & we've currently got 1 or 2 U19's in our starting line ups. The crazy thing is that it's not guys like Fleck or Wilson who are letting the team down, it's the higher earners & ultimately the manager for making piss poor team selections.

IMO Smith should be given this season without being harassed by the GTF brigade. I hope he retires having led the club to another league title.

There's a lot of words in there, but as hard as I look, no explanation of where the evidence is of any on-field direction.

So, err, why is it bollox again?

Shouldnt be a rant mate it should be an obituary.

It is very sad to see walter smith give an interview these days. He is finished. It is written all over his face. you can tell that he has nothing left to give to the club, he is running on empty.

On the park he continues to make the same mistakes with his team selections formations and tactics. Its staring him in the face, but he refuses to see what is in front of his nose. And the end product is a game of football that has not been and is not worth watching.

And that isnt going to change. we will continue to see the same problems recur as the weeks go by and it will be the same complaints from the fans who can see the same mistakes on a weekly basis. Were just not going to get any better while smith is still in charge.

I dont know if smith has an exit plan or is waiting to get pushed, but whoever makes the decision it has to be sooner rather than later.

we simply cant go on like this anymore.

No one will make that decision this season unless a big money man comes in. As the other guy's have said ending with another SPL title is the way for him to go. If he even hints at another season then shoot him.:)

There's a lot of words in there, but as hard as I look, no explanation of where the evidence is of any on-field direction.

So, err, why is it bollox again?

You didn't look hard enough then because it's definitely in there. As I said, a large number of youths have been going out on loan. Those lads are getting invaluable experience in competitive matches in tough (albeit lower) leagues. We also now have Fleck & Wilson who are both U19's getting starts in the first team, with some other youths perched on the sidelines ready to step up to the task of playing for the Rangers. Yet, there's no direction? I beg to differ. The direction is very clear & has been mentioned many a time by the club over the last year; we will bring through the youths. That is the direction. Downsizing, reduction of first team squad size (at least in terms of high earners) wage bill reduction; all of these things have direction. Some might say the direction is backwards, but others will say the direction forwards. Either way, there's definitely direction & that's why I said it was bollox (to answer your question).

You didn't look hard enough then because it's definitely in there. As I said, a large number of youths have been going out on loan. Those lads are getting invaluable experience in competitive matches in tough (albeit lower) leagues. We also now have Fleck & Wilson who are both U19's getting starts in the first team, with some other youths perched on the sidelines ready to step up to the task of playing for the Rangers. Yet, there's no direction? I beg to differ. The direction is very clear & has been mentioned many a time by the club over the last year; we will bring through the youths. That is the direction. Downsizing, reduction of first team squad size (at least in terms of high earners) wage bill reduction; all of these things have direction. Some might say the direction is backwards, but others will say the direction forwards. Either way, there's definitely direction & that's why I said it was bollox (to answer your question).

What's that got to with Rangers in 2009/10? Walter's had 15 years to give youth a chance. Tell me where the CURRENT direction on the park is.

Unless there is big money to appoint a new man and give him transfer funds in january then it is pointless talking about changing Walter now , we will just have to muddle through as usual and cling on to the hope that our main rivals are just as pish as us , their next few games are quite tasty so hopefully they will drop some more points as well as getting pumped out of europe on wednesday

Windup yeah?

Results aren't all that matters in football. Performance counts as well. You only get so far with negative tactics and relying on luck. Plenty people were complaing even when we were winning and rightly so.

Last season when we won the Scottish cup we might have won the game but I for one was embarrassed to be largely outplayed by a Falkirk side. The mess we're in didn't just happen over night. The signs were all there. We really aren't any worse this season than last. We're just not digging the wins out.

Edited by Totti

Unless there is big money to appoint a new man and give him transfer funds in january then it is pointless talking about changing Walter now , we will just have to muddle through as usual and cling on to the hope that our main rivals are just as pish as us , their next few games are quite tasty so hopefully they will drop some more points as well as getting pumped out of europe on wednesday

You don't need big money to win the SPL. I don't see why we're so scared of change. Foreign countries have a much more advanced outlook on football and aren't afraid to quickly try a new manager if need be. We've stuck through years of watching dross. Even winning trophies domestically never hid how pish we were.

You don't need big money to win the SPL. I don't see why we're so scared of change. Foreign countries have a much more advanced outlook on football and aren't afraid to quickly try a new manager if need be. We've stuck through years of watching dross. Even winning trophies domestically never hid how pish we were.

We tried that with leGuen and the no money option , need I remind you how that ended up

Windup yeah?

Results aren't all that matters in football. Performance counts as well. You only get so far with negative tactics and relying on luck. Plenty people were complaing even when we were winning and rightly so.

Last season when we won the Scottish cup we might have won the game but I for one was embarrassed to be largely outplayed by a Falkirk side. The mess we're in didn't just happen over night. The signs were all there. We really aren't any worse this season than last. We're just not digging the wins out.

Results are the most important factors in football. Style is a bonus but I think you'll find most people preferring winning championships and trophies in a scrappy way than playing great football while lagging 17pts behind halfway through the season and out of both cups.

But in the reality the latter didn't even happen. We played crap AND didn't win anything.

We'd all prefer to win with style, but I think it's obvious if you could order that from Amazon, we'd have done so. Instead it's a holy grail, and the search of which resulted in a Frenchman farting in our general direction. Some people need to wake up and get real.

At the moment winning stuff whatever the style > not winning stuff whatever the style.

If our results under Walter are a portent of doom (which seems to be taking about as long as Nostradamus' predictions about the end of the world) then it must be inevitable that given enough time and rope, it will come to pass and Walter will be walking up to the gallows.

If some people wanted more time for a hopeless manager - the worst in our long history, then surely a current double winner who today is 2pts behind in the league with a game in hand and in the semi of the first cup, deserves till the end of the season or till he's miles behind, whichever comes first, to prove his unworthiness?

If he's as bad as some would have us believe, we'll be shot of him soon enough. He's not exactly causing any irreparable damage to the club, especially when you compare the tenures of Advocaat and Le Guen.

It will be very difficult for the board to sack him when he's still competing domestically especially in the current climate; so all the bellyaching about how poorly we're playing while being current champions and swapping in and out of the top of the league, is just pissing in the wind.

When the predictions of Walter's failure come to pass, he will no longer be a problem, you'll just have to play the long game and wait it out.