Good intentions and pipe dreams, how they died.

Could Rangers make it work, or is it all just window dressing.

END OF MY FOOTBALL CLUB DREAM ââ?¬â?? 2/12/09

Just 18 months after buying Ebbsfleet for �£635,000, the MyFootballClub dream is dead. Members have voted overwhelmingly to scrap the team selector which was never used. They voted to buy the operating system from founder Will Brooks for �£15,000. He previously took 21 per cent of membership fees to cover the cost of running the site. Ebbsfleet is now effectively a fans' club. At renewals day in February, 21,000 members disappeared. Cashflow went through the floor and the manager was forced to release all but three of his squad. With a playing budget of just over �£6,000 a week, the Conference side now look likely candidates for relegation. The club are facing annual losses of �£250,000, and they need at least 2,500 of their 9,000 current members to stump up a membership fee increased by 65 per cent to �£100.

I am a member of MyFootballClub. Decent idea, doomed to failure. And certainly a reminder of what COULD happen at Rangers.

That said our revenue streams should be able to sustain us more than Ebbsfleet's would sustain them. So long as the club was being run properly withing budget

I am a member of MyFootballClub. Decent idea, doomed to failure. And certainly a reminder of what COULD happen at Rangers.

That said our revenue streams should be able to sustain us more than Ebbsfleet's would sustain them. So long as the club was being run properly withing budget

Indeed. I don't know much about Ebbsfleet but it seems that most of what attracted folks was some sort of football idealism and some nice sounding gimmicks. Not saying there's anything wrong with that but when times are hard, idealism is often the first thing that goes out the window.

Apples and oranges.

Any hint that we would face the same trouble finding people willing to be members, and to be members for as long as they can scrape together the cash, is ludicrous.

I don't think it is ridiculous. Small hard core yes, wider membership not a chance.