TANNADICE booking leaves McCulloch on verge of SPL ban

More...

LEE McCULLOCH'S booking against Dundee United means he could now just be one yellow card from an SPL suspension.

Sasa PapacThe midfielder was a standout in last night's 3-0 win at Tannadice but blotted his copybook for a foul in the first half.

It was McCulloch's sixth caution of the season and his fifth in the league, meaning he has moved up to 15 disciplinary points.

With most bookable offences being worth three points, it is likely that one more would incur a one-match ban.

Sasa Papac also collected his sixth yellow card of the season on Tayside and his fourth in the championship.

But the Bosnian defender has only accrued 11 points to date, meaning he's still a minimum of three cautions from finding himself suspended for a league game.

Edited by Frankie

McCulloch has had a decent season by and large. Sure, I think we'd all prefer a combination of Thomson, Mendes, Davis and Edu in the central midfield roles but in their absence, McCulloch has done a good job and doesn't deserve some of the criticism that goes his way.

I wouldn't notice if he wasn't playing so ban him all they want. Horrendous player.

He's meant to be a forward/attacking midfielder and is murder.

He was a 'standout' last night? I must have been watching a different game.

McCulloch has had a decent season by and large. Sure, I think we'd all prefer a combination of Thomson, Mendes, Davis and Edu in the central midfield roles but in their absence, McCulloch has done a good job and doesn't deserve some of the criticism that goes his way.

I'd rather have McCulloch than either Mendes or Thomson. Davis needs to work harder to justify selection, and Edu's sheer class. Our best midfielder along with Rothen.

I gave him stick earlier this season but I agree with Gazza it was when he was at the back or on the left. Last night I thought he played well and was unlucky not to score a few times. He get stuck in unlike some and never hides and would play anywhere asked for us.........

I'd rather have McCulloch than either Mendes or Thomson. Davis needs to work harder to justify selection, and Edu's sheer class. Our best midfielder along with Rothen.

What has Rothen done in a Rangers jersey to justify that comment?

Id currently have McCulloch ahead of Thomson aswell, but i still dont rate him and once Mendes and Edu are fit they should be well ahead of him and id prefer to see McCulloch play upfront sometime.

Davis has been better in the centre.

I take it the Rothen comment should have a smilie!

I doubt we'll see McCulloch playing up front as a striker any time soon Gribz.

Yeah he wont play there but I always thought he was a decent strker before he joined us and did well in an inside left role also. So it would be interesting to see how he would play now and who he would link up well with, it would also probably get a lot of boo boys off his back. im far from his biggest fan in midfield or defence but he is going to be 1 of these players who will be a fans target unless he is playing out of his skin.