Rothen had the dreaded swine flu so that's the reason he hasn't featured recently. If he was fully fit I don't think he'd get a game anyway.

Him and Whittaker were terrible against Unirea at Ibrox.

1: Rothen denies he had swine flu.

2: The whole team was appalling against Unirea - is it fair to blame one player more than another?

1: Rothen denies he had swine flu.

2: The whole team was appalling against Unirea - is it fair to blame one player more than another?

Re point 2 - yes I do think it's fair to blamea player or players more than others. You can play pish (Miller) and you can play really pish (Rothen and Whittaker).

I very much liked Buffel and felt he was given a raw deal by fans and club alike.

You can be member number 2 in the Gersnet Buffel fan club.

Buffel flattered to deceive. He rarely made me think 'wow, he's a crackin' player' when he played for us.

Lightweight and a wimp.

Re point 2 - yes I do think it's fair to blamea player or players more than others. You can play pish (Miller) and you can play really pish (Rothen and Whittaker).

Then we must agree to disagree. I felt the entire team was simply dreadful and scapegoating any of them is another futile way of trying to explain why we lost.

Then we must agree to disagree. I felt the entire team was simply dreadful and scapegoating any of them is another futile way of trying to explain why we lost.

I'm not scapegoating anyone. I'm saying the majority were pish with some being more pish than others.

You can be member number 2 in the Gersnet Buffel fan club.

I prefer to be #1 :)

Buffel flattered to deceive. He rarely made me think 'wow, he's a crackin' player' when he played for us.

Lightweight and a wimp.

A common misconception. I saw him bulldozer his way past Balde at Ibrox, I saw him smashed to the turf then fight his way back to score against Motherwell despite the foul, and I remember him being slammed into ad hoardings at Falkirk during a dreadful 0-0 under PLG - he just got up and got on with it.

I'll never really understand why many viewed him as some kind of chicken when he was anything but.

I'm not scapegoating anyone. I'm saying the majority were pish with some being more pish than others.

You just said it's fair to blame a player more than others. Isn't that what the very definition of scapegoating is?

A common misconception. I saw him bulldozer his way past Balde at Ibrox, I saw him smashed to the turf then fight his way back to score against Motherwell despite the foul, and I remember him being slammed into ad hoardings at Falkirk during a dreadful 0-0 under PLG - he just got up and got on with it.

I'll never really understand why many viewed him as some kind of chicken when he was anything but.

The only other member of the Gersnet Buffel fan club is Gribz and has been on his lonesome for approx 2/3 years now. He'll be glad of the company. :fish:

He shat out of tackles, didn't seem to be interested in going for headers and more ofthen than not, much like Lovenkrands, if he got kicked early doors he lost interest in the game.

I don't see why it's wrong to say some players played worse (or better) than others? :confused:

It's what dominates pub conversations and the media throughout the week.

Slightly bizarre defence of favoured players.

Sure sometimes we say you can't singularly blame one player for a poor team performance, but nor do we compeltely gloss over individual poor performances.