JEROME ROTHEN wants Rangers to tear up his season-long deal and end his Ibrox nightmare.

The French flop has made little impact since his deadline-day loan move from Paris St Germain.

The ex-international winger has played just eight times for Gers and has even been floored by a dose of swine flu.

Now Rothen, 31, will plead with Gers to allow him to return to PSG in January. He said: "PSG is my club and is always in my heart.

"I only left Paris because I sensed something good at Rangers with the Champions League and a new championship. But now I am so disappointed.

"I do not have any problems with the coach, but luck has not been with me from my arrival in Scotland."

Boss Walter Smith swooped for Rothen after he played against Rangers at the Emirates Cup in London in August. He was a stand-out in only his second game as Gers began their Champions League campaign with a 1-1 draw in Stuttgart.

But his subsequent form was erratic and he was criticised for a poor showing in the 4-1 Champions League home defeat by Unirea Urziceni in October.

He hasn't featured since then and has tumbled behind DaMarcus Beasley, Nacho Novo, John Fleck and Stevie Naismith in the pecking order.

On reading that it seems we have brought in another player who played one good game against us. I must admit i had heard so many positive things about him i thought he was a good signing. Let him go i would say.

I'd have held onto him if he's not costing much in wages, but reports on that front vary from him costing us �£15k p/w to not costing us much at all, so it's hard to say.

If these latest reports are true then it sounds to me like he'd hoped for a better run in Europe and a shot at a World Cup call up. Either that or he doesn't like the Scottish weather.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing though.

Well that's just it. Most people thought it looked like it could be a very good signing when he was announced & it could easily have proven to be exactly that. At least we didn't buy him for a couple of million.