I don't see why it's wrong to say some players played worse (or better) than others? :confused:

It's what dominates pub conversations and the media throughout the week.

Slightly bizarre defence of favoured players.

Sure sometimes we say you can't singularly blame one player for a poor team performance, but nor do we compeltely gloss over individual poor performances.

And I am doing neither. I am saying, and this is the way it looks, that he is being solitarily blamed for that defeat.

That effectively it was 'his fault' - I don't deny he had a stinker that night, but the rest of the team did too. My point is that it looks like scapegoating to say, almost, that we lost because he had a stinker, rather than we lost and he had a stinker. He and 10 others.

The only other member of the Gersnet Buffel fan club is Gribz and has been on his lonesome for approx 2/3 years now. He'll be glad of the company. :fish:

He shat out of tackles, didn't seem to be interested in going for headers and more ofthen than not, much like Lovenkrands, if he got kicked early doors he lost interest in the game.

Oh God, you're part of the Lovenkrands lynchmob too!?

Jesus wept, I think I'd be pissing in the wind debating this subject with ye.

I'll start with Rothen. Ive seen him once or twice on the telly and he looked slow and struggled to get on the ball, it could be down to the difference in style between SPL and the continent.

As for Buffel he had the creativity we needed at that time and played some terrific games under Eck and normally it was when Ferguson played behind him. WS just didnt give him a 2nd chance after his injury, but I remember him playing in away reserve midweek games in the winter to try win his place back yet WS still didnt give him a sniff.

As for Lovenkrands - big time player with a good scoring record in CL and old firm matches. He is playing quite well for Newcastle at the moment and the Championship is a better standard than the SPL.

Guest Inside Left

'Row 10', a truly mystifying acquisition for me and I wonder who's idea it really was to acquire him.

This guy made Mladenoviic look positively energetic.

As for Lovenkrands, deadly through the middle on the shoulder of the last defender.........wasted wide left where he had never played in his entire career, even at School until he arrived at G51.

Wasn't Lovenkrands a flop in Germany and released very early - then joined a club who were subsequently relegated?

The manager who "wasted" him out left, seems to be doing not too badly himself.

Lovenkrands was only ever any good for us when we played 5-3-1-1 against attacking, skillful European teams where he used his pace on the break to get behind the defence. Faced with 10 players around the 18 yard box in the SPL, he didn't have much to bring to the party. In those games you want a fast skillful player on the wing to out flank the defence but he couldn't beat a man or get a cross in, and wasn't interested in tracking back to defend.

One of the biggest problems he had with us was attitude which meant he just wasn't interested enough in putting the graft in required - probably why he flopped in Germany. He's probably a lot more mature now and maybe a bit more professional.

Wasn't Lovenkrands a flop in Germany and released very early - then joined a club who were subsequently relegated?

The manager who "wasted" him out left, seems to be doing not too badly himself.

Lovenkrands was only ever any good for us when we played 5-3-1-1 against attacking, skillful European teams where he used his pace on the break to get behind the defence. Faced with 10 players around the 18 yard box in the SPL, he didn't have much to bring to the party.

You're aware that for the brief period he was played through the middle, in front of Buffel, as a striker in the SPL, Peter Lovenkrands became the league's top scorer? He topped it with around 14 goals. Then Eck mystifyingly put him back to left wing.

In those games you want a fast skillful player on the wing to out flank the defence but he couldn't beat a man or get a cross in, and wasn't interested in tracking back to defend.

One of the biggest problems he had with us was attitude which meant he just wasn't interested enough in putting the graft in required - probably why he flopped in Germany. He's probably a lot more mature now and maybe a bit more professional.

He didn't do that well in Germany as he played as a winger there too...