Pieter Huistra

Takes over as Head Coach\manager of Groningen for next season. He was now coaching the Ajax youth teams.

For those too young to remember him he was a left winger who played 125 games for Rangers between 1990 and 1995 scoring 22 goals.

Congratulations Pieter i hope you do well.

The Coach leaving Groningen Ron Jans is an excellent manager who is leaving after 8 seasons to find a fresh Challenge. Would be an excellent coach for Rangers in my opinion

I have his Admiral training top from when he played with Rangers. Just found it in the loft as i was clearing up. My brother got it from him at the training ground. Not sure wether he pinched it or not.

Anyway, i thought he was excellent, but i always remember a lot of Gers fans getting irate with him because he beat the player down the wing, but would always turn back to beat him again. The fans were getting peed off cause he wasn't crossing it when he got the chance.

If only we had a player like that now!

I wish him good luck.

Yep, I only have fond memories of Huistra. We always seem to fare rather better when we have a Dutch connection.

Pete - any up and coming Dutch players we might have a realistic chance of signing?

Can we afford any?

Okay i already said de Guzman from Feynoord on a Bosman.

Left winger from FC Twente Miroslav Stoch is on loan from Chelsea. Chelsea won't sell him as they think he is one for the future. I would ask Chelsea to introduce him to the British game at Ibrox. Small but lightning fast.

Twente played a 19 year old Luke de Jonge in a cup game tonight and he scored twice. He has no pedigree until now so no price but watch out for his name in the future.

A lot of the Ajax and Feynoord team are for sale but it is mostly the old guard who think they can still earn 36.000 per week.

If i could buy a player now it would be the 21\22 year old Brazilian CH Douglas from FC Twente. I sent an e-mail to Rangers about a year and a half ago when he was worth little, with no effect. I now think he will be in the 10million pound bracket.

http://www.fctwente.net/spelers_details.php?spelerID=437

A manager from a Dutch or German league wouldn't be a bad idea actually. Both nations have many talented managers we could possibly attract and tend to have a good, positive attitude to football with an emphasis on effort and technique.

I have his Admiral training top from when he played with Rangers. Just found it in the loft as i was clearing up. My brother got it from him at the training ground. Not sure wether he pinched it or not.

Anyway, i thought he was excellent, but i always remember a lot of Gers fans getting irate with him because he beat the player down the wing, but would always turn back to beat him again. The fans were getting peed off cause he wasn't crossing it when he got the chance.

If only we had a player like that now!

I wish him good luck.

We barely have anyone capable of beating a man once, never mind twice :devil:

We barely have anyone capable of beating a man once, never mind twice :devil:

Yeah, what players have have ever beaten a player for us?

What about Whittaker - remember him beating about 3 or 4 players in Europe and go on to score, in fact hasn't he done that a few times?

OK apart from Whittaker, what players have have ever beaten a player for us?

Then there's Bougherra who likes to take on a man be it in our 6 yard box or their 18 yard box and quite a bit in between.

So I'll grant you Whit and Boogie. But apart from them, what players have have ever beaten a player for us?

Then we have Davis who likes to run at a man, dip his shoulder and beat him.

Fair enough, so apart from Whittaker, Bougherra and Davis, what players have have ever beaten a player for us?

And Novo is always turning defenders inside out and getting past them.

Well Novo goes without saying. So apart from Whittaker, Bougherra, Davis and Novo, what players have have ever beaten a player for us?

There's also Beasley who has come back and danced into the penalty area a few times, gained a penalty and also scored. We'd miss him now.

OK apart from Whittaker, Bougherra, Davis, Novo and Beasley, what players have have ever beaten a player for us?

What about Miller who's charged through a quite few players in the box and gone on to score or more often miss but he's still beats players?

Alright, alright, apart from Whittaker, Bougherra, Davis, Novo, Beasley and Miller, what players have have ever beaten a player for us?

Boyd?

Boyd! Oh please - shut up!

You take everything far too literal. The lengths you will go to defend everything about the team are getting boring.

We have nobody particularly skilled at dribbling i.e. someone who does it consistently every week and that's a fact. For 5 or so seasons we've been crying out for flair players.

Charlie Adam could beat a man on occasion but it still was something he was very poor at.