Craig Brown believes there should be no way back for Kris Boyd

For Boyd it was his pride rather than his commitment. He had been the top goal scorer in Scotland for a couple of seasons and had a strike rate of 1 in 2 (approx) in his appearances for Scotland. Then, when Burley looked to the bench for a goal he overlooks him for two uncapped players. I think most professionals would be miffed about that given he circumstances.

I would argue that Boyd did spit the dummy out and perhaps should have just got his head down to try and prove Burley wrong but I don't see how one mistake should be held against him forever. Yet again, us football fans get sucked into this tabloid reactionist mentality that bears no relation to the real lives of those who pay their hard earned to go watch the game.

Then, when Burley looked to the bench for a goal he overlooks him for two uncapped players.

Uncapped (or few caps), out of form, not scoring goals. We needed a goal. We kept the goalscorer on the bench for this pair of diddies (perhaps harsh on Fletcher now, but not at the time).

He stepped aside to allow someone who might get played a shot. Makes sense. If Burley wouldn't play him then, he'd never play him.

Brown shut your pie hole.

YES!!!

The guy's a pillock & he lingers about like a bad smell. WTF does he do exactly other than linger around in some kinda limbo between the SFA & the press? Does anyone actually give a flying fcuk what Craig Brown 'thinks'?

Fcuk me, I don't want to sound like a nasty scrooge or something, but if Craig Brown kicked the bucket, I reckon we'd have The Ghost Of Craig Brown coming back to speak a load of pish to the press about the National team.

Can somebody not just pay the guy to GTF?

He works for BBC these days I think - his pointless drivel can be heard regularly on Sportsound.

Like his brother he has had his peak, and continues to hover in the game's periphery - one was a respected commentator for the BBC and is now struggling on Setanta Pluto, and the other did well for his country as a coach but hasn't exactly had a zenith since then, and wants to be taken seriously despite all that.

Would commitment to SCotland not mean picking the best players for the manager, and supporting the team that plays and the best available players being picked for the rest of us? :confused: (Poorly worded but you get the jist).

Picking holes in the guy's comments is like water through a sieve.