Kris Boyd SPL's top scorer ever.

Today was his Fourth man of the match. He was MOTM on Sunday when he did not deserve it in my eyes. We have now played 18 games he has had three + a Billy Dodds four man of the match performances. He is now electric but he has not been the best player all season up until now. Tonight's performance certainly now puts him up there in pole position. And yes i bit.:giruy:

that's your opinion pete i don't have a problem with that but why listen to a prat like dodds?

he has IMO been MOTM more than 4 times this season, his improved workrate and all round game has helped the team greatly and he's still scoring for fun and has also set up quite a few goals this season also.......

who in your opinion has been better than him all season?

that's your opinion pete i don't have a problem with that but why listen to a prat like dodds?

he has IMO been MOTM more than 4 times this season, his improved workrate and all round game has helped the team greatly and he's still scoring for fun and has also set up quite a few goals this season also.......

who in your opinion has been better than him all season?

Bougherra is the most consistant player we have had imo. Good defensively and one of our most dangerous coming forward. I think he will be a big miss in the coming month.

Guest BillyMac

spoke to a couple of mates after the game last night and we spoke about boyd of course but one other thing was what is bougherra saying with his gesture at full time was it just goodnight i hope or was it something more permenent

just asking

Only scores against the wee teams?

Sick of hearing this from that lot whenever Kris Boyd is spoken about

5 v Dundee Utd las night

1 v Hibs last week

1 v Motherwell on the 19th

1 v Hibs back on 24th October

1 v Hearts on 23rd August

9 Goals so far this season against the current top 6........

Bougherra is the most consistant player we have had imo. Good defensively and one of our most dangerous coming forward. I think he will be a big miss in the coming month.

I agree that he will be missed pete.

Consistency is one thing but how are you to gauge that ? I would suggest that Wilson has been our most consistent but would that be fair given how few games he has played (I am being a tad facetious with that suggestion though) ?

Boyd has played in all 18 SPL games whilst Bougherra has played in just 12.

Bougherra got sent off against Motherwell (albeit near the end) and he also had a very shaky game against Hearts at Tynecastle.

When you consider that Boyd has been on fire of late, not just goal-scoring but his overall contribution to the team I find it hard to say Bougherra has been our best player.

Consistency is one thing but I dont think that alone determines your best player. In fact, McCulloch has probably been as consistent as Bougherra but he certainly doesnt have the same skill level.

Boyd had a poor run of maybe 3 games but aside from that has been on fire for the most part - so him playing well in 15 out of 18 games still would put him ahead of Bougherra, even if Bougherra was our best player in 12 out of 12.

I am not explaining myself well, but I am about to leave work so cant be arsed :flipa:

Happy New Year !