Nothing new there,that could be a Rangers forum,all the comments we have heard on here. I suppose no-one will know if he can cut it in the EPL until he goes and try,hopefully he'll still be a Rangers player for a good few seasons more

Typical ignorant arrogance from the English.

It may "only" be the SPL but there are plenty of so called decent EPL strikers who have failed there and plenty who have come from the SPL with a far worse record than Boyd and done well in the EPL.

How about that �£8M Jeffers or Ostenstaad on the one hand and Bellamy on the other?

Hartson and Sutton (most expensive player in England at one point) did reasonably well in the SPL but nowhere near as well as Boyd.

We keep being told by WS/Rangers that we don't need to sell any players in January,IMO it would make sense to keep all our players so we can attempt to retain the SPL and therefore get the CL money which is far more than we could get by selling any of our players ?, even if that means losing players for nothing at he end of the season.

We keep being told by WS/Rangers that we don't need to sell any players in January,IMO it would make sense to keep all our players so we can attempt to retain the SPL and therefore get the CL money which is far more than we could get by selling any of our players ?, even if that means losing players for nothing at he end of the season.

Exactly the league must be won this year not just for selfish reasons but to seriously undermine the septic

Exactly the league must be won this year not just for selfish reasons but to seriously undermine the septic

Correct mate,and the result at the piggery shows that we are in a strong position to retain the title, but if we sell/weaken the team then it will be a hell of a lot harder,even the bank can see that

I'd prefer we didn't lose any players but neither can we afford to have five highly paid central midfielders (Davis, Mendes, McCulloch, Edu and Thomson).

5 into 2 doesn't go and as much as I want to retain a strong squad, if we're to lose anyone then Mendes could be a player we could afford to let go (if Thomson and Edu can prove their fitness over the next month).

I'd prefer we didn't lose any players but neither can we afford to have five highly paid central midfielders (Davis, Mendes, McCulloch, Edu and Thomson).

5 into 2 doesn't go and as much as I want to retain a strong squad, if we're to lose anyone then Mendes could be a player we could afford to let go (if Thomson and Edu can prove their fitness over the next month).

And it might even leave a space for Fleck :):)

Can we afford to lose any of our players just now ?,it's ok saying when they are all fit they all can't play,but are they all going to stay fit for the remainder of the season ?.

Can we afford to lose any of our players just now ?,it's ok saying when they are all fit they all can't play,but are they all going to stay fit for the remainder of the season ?.

Like you, I'd prefer we kept everyone but if we're realistic then that is doubtful.

It could be argued that considering the length injuries to the likes of Thomson, Edu and Mendes we have benifitted from having the surplus players but if it comes to paying for a new wage for Boyd and keeping one of Mendes, McCulloch or Thomson; then I'd rather we sold.