B'Ham player of the season (so far)

Ferguson was a player who'd reached his sell by date at Ibrox, and one who it was clear still had plenty of quality - but it was going to take a departure to a new club for it ever to come back. Finished? Aye right.

I have a small fondness for Birmingham thanks to him and their Rangers and Scotland contingent.

Birminghams standouts this season, the first 11. Thats about 10 games in a row, we have named an unchanged starting line-up. Fergie has been brilliant and is one the key factors in B'ham's success but the defense has been outstanding. Roger Johnson is a fantastic centre half and should be considered for S.A but he wont. In Joe Hart England may finally have a keeper who can make the grade as Englands number 1. The whole team have been fantastic and although the run will end eventually, hopefully it wont on Saturday as I head to Fratton Park.

C'mon you Blues

Barry Ferguson is undoubtedly a Premiership-standard player. He was Blackburn's best player before his injury, and it now sounds like he's one of the main factors in Birmingham's success this season.

He just had to get out of Scotland unfortunately.

Barry Ferguson is undoubtedly a Premiership-standard player. He was Blackburn's best player before his injury, and it now sounds like he's one of the main factors in Birmingham's success this season.

He just had to get out of Scotland unfortunately.

And yet we're told he returned from England with hsi tail between his legs.

And yet we're told he returned from England with hsi tail between his legs.

The hatred towards Barry Ferguson in Scotland is pathetic, and symbolic of the narrow-minded attitude which has held our game back for years. He's better off in England, and I'd hate to see him come back to play in front of the Tranny Army. Strange that having finally got what they wanted i.e. Ferguson out the team, they've done nothing but criticise him for the ridiculously contrived and exaggerated 'Boozegate' episode which prompted his exit.

The hatred towards Barry Ferguson in Scotland is pathetic, and symbolic of the narrow-minded attitude which has held our game back for years. He's better off in England, and I'd hate to see him come back to play in front of the Tranny Army. Strange that having finally got what they wanted i.e. Ferguson out the team, they've done nothing but criticise him for the ridiculously contrived and exaggerated 'Boozegate' episode which prompted his exit.

Barry Ferguson is a poor mans David Beckham when it comes to the media frenzy/circus. The media will print anything to sell papers and if it involves BF then they'll love it even more.

Absolutely spot on.

What irks me most is that the hatred towards BF that came from Rangers fans also :(

Absolutely spot on.

What irks me most is that the hatred towards BF that came from Rangers fans also :(

Not hatred for me just an observation that he was not producing the goods for us and he was too influential on players. I hope he does well at B'ham and does play for Scotland. Then again i am not a Scotland hater.

Not hatred for me just an observation that he was not producing the goods for us and he was too influential on players. I hope he does well at B'ham and does play for Scotland. Then again i am not a Scotland hater.

It wasn't aimed at you in particular.

Was that,in bold, aimed at me ?