Step up Kyle Lafferty

I suspect this has been touched on elsewhere, maybe in the lynchmob thread, but with Boyd out for a while now, Lafferty finally has a serious chance to get played in his best position and soften the blow of Boyd's absence.

As a number of us have said, he's generally excelled when played as a striker for us - it is his best slot, he has an eye for goal, and now seems like, admittedly belatedly, the opportunity for him to show his many doubters that he has the quality to play for Rangers.

I don't know if he can get all the goals of messyrs Boyd and Miller, but we'd be seriously struggling up front if we didn't have Lafferty.

I don't expect his harsh critics to give him an ounce of credit should he perform as I expect him to, but it'll be nice to know such passionate ire aimed at him was misguided.

Yeah, the big man has 4-6 weeks to really prove himself worth the money (or at least a fair portion of it) we paid for him.

He is capable of it but one has to wonder if he can rise above the negative media hyperbole to find the quality of game to win over his doubters.

Very true. Since the Mulgrew incident he seems to be surrounded by baggage. The problem is much of it comes from his supposed own supporters. I'm not sure what kind of place his head is in, but I suspect he needs support to gain approval, rather than the negative stigma which seems to be following him these days.

You pays your money you takes your choice, I don't think he has any ability above distinctly average, much as I want him to prove me and others wrong for the benefit of the club, what I see with my own eyes does not suggest that is going to happen.

Maybe if WS could make up his mind what position he signed KL for, that may be the catalyst, we can only hope.

You pays your money you takes your choice, I don't think he has any ability above distinctly average, much as I want him to prove me and others wrong for the benefit of the club, what I see with my own eyes does not suggest that is going to happen.

Maybe if WS could make up his mind what position he signed KL for, that may be the catalyst, we can only hope.

So if he plays up front for the next month or so and scores a fair few goals and plays well, you'll be the first on here saying you were wrong?

He'll probably not even play up front. Never second guess what's in Walter's head...

We have basically 4 'strikers' at the club right now - Novo, Lafferty, Fleck and the relatively untried Little.

If Walter continues with the 4-4-2 (and there's no reason to believe he won't) then one assumes Novo will resume on the left flank where he left off, which means there are only Lafferty, Fleck and Little left. And if Lafferty starts on the right with Fleck and Little preferred up top, he might as well pack his bags because it would be clear Walter doesn't intend to ever use him correctly.

I don't expect his harsh critics to give him an ounce of credit should he perform as I expect him to, but it'll be nice to know such passionate ire aimed at him was misguided.

What has Lafferty done in his Rangers career that deserves credit?