January - Important month in the title race

I agree that this is an extremely important stage of the season and our games "on paper" look a little easier than when we had all the top 6 sides back to back in December.

The injuries and suspensions are taking their toll, and performances have suffered in the last 3 games, but right now it is all about 3 points above all else. If we can sneak 3 more 1-0 wins from our upcoming 3 league games, i'll be absolutely delighted.

There is also the pressure that our winning heaps on the chasing side. We seen how they dealt with the pressure yesterday in a routine home game against the bottom side, with new signings in place and only one player out injured (mcdonald), and nobody suspended they still struggled to get a home point. I believe that if we had failed to beat Accies at lunchtime, Timmy would have beaten Falkirk and closed the gap and the mind games advantage would have been reversed.

This coming weekend we entertain a rejuvenated Hearts side, and i'll take a scrappy 1-0 right now to apply even more pressure to Timmy who could be 12 points behind by the time they make the sunday trip to Perth, never easy to win there as we seen ourselves earlier this season. Obviously I can also see that if we were to dropa nything against Hearts it opens the door to them to close the gap on Sunday and I would expect them to do so, but if they are already 12 behind going into the match, I expect them to struggle again, and would not be too surprised if they were held to a draw.

I always count the lead as being the "net" lead and assume anyone behind in matches will win their games in hand, so effectively we have a six point lead at this time. The fact that we can accentuate that lead by another 6 points by playing first and them having had a game postponed can work in our favour and we have to really try to extend this lead before our run of hard games comes round again.

Our last nine games of the season could see us play Hearts home and away, Aberdeen home and away, United home and away, and away games at hibs and timmy, so it is vital that we go into that run of games with a decent cushion.

By contrast, after Timmy come to Ibrox at the end of Feb, they have a run of 6 games before the split where they play 5 out of the bottom 6 sides, and will have 3 home games after the split including the OF game.

It is looking good at the moment, and we have a real chance of putting a winning lead together over the next few weeks, and of course it is to be remembered that winning this title brings with it virtually guaranteed CL group stage football, while the runners-up have to run the gauntlet of very difficult qualifiers again with every chance of being eliminated, perhaps with no parachute into the Europa as well. Financially the title could be the difference between relevant comfort and total meltdown, and not just for us either.

So lets just do it bears.

TB, cracking post.

The only part I have issue with is, and I cant believe I am saying this, suggesting they were only missing one player yesterday. If we are going to suggest that we are missing Bougherra then you also have to agree they are missing N'Guemo. They are also missing Brown who would most likely be a starter for them. They also were missing Fox yesterday too.

For consistency sake we should be at least objective with who they are or are not missing. They were missing 4 starters yesterday - but we are missing more than that - and yet the two results would have posibly suggested the reverse.

They say that we are poor, our squad is too small etc etc - yet we are churning out the results they wish for.

We played poorly yesterday but does anyone honestly think that there is a Tim out there that wouldnt have accepted our poor performance but with the same result ? Regardless of them wanting to play the "Celtic Way" they would all, to a man (or should that be animal ?), have accepted our performance and result yesterday.

TB, cracking post.

The only part I have issue with is, and I cant believe I am saying this, suggesting they were only missing one player yesterday. If we are going to suggest that we are missing Bougherra then you also have to agree they are missing N'Guemo. They are also missing Brown who would most likely be a starter for them. They also were missing Fox yesterday too.

For consistency sake we should be at least objective with who they are or are not missing. They were missing 4 starters yesterday - but we are missing more than that - and yet the two results would have posibly suggested the reverse.

They say that we are poor, our squad is too small etc etc - yet we are churning out the results they wish for.

We played poorly yesterday but does anyone honestly think that there is a Tim out there that wouldnt have accepted our poor performance but with the same result ? Regardless of them wanting to play the "Celtic Way" they would all, to a man (or should that be animal ?), have accepted our performance and result yesterday.

Pedantic sod :)

If we were to hammer every team 4/5-0,including them,they would never accept/acknowledge that we were a good team.The MOPES never lose a game fairly,it's always somebody else's fault.

Our last nine games of the season could see us play Hearts home and away, Aberdeen home and away, United home and away, and away games at hibs and timmy, so it is vital that we go into that run of games with a decent cushion.

That's a worrying run of fixtures that... :eek: