I had a lot of arguments with some of my mates last season over Mendes. They were lapping up the 'Personal Jesus' stuff and proclaiming him our best player since Ronald de Boer but i just wasn't convinced. His away form especially was pretty disappointing, and his partnership with Barry was one of the biggest letdowns in our recent history.

During last season it appeared to me many were desperate to talk up Mendes to show we didn't need Fergie as they wanted him out the door.

Similar to the fans who were ott in their criticism of Boyd and lauded Lafferty last year. Go on FF now and you'll see people desperate to avoid criticism of Lafferty but were not so generous when it came to Boyd. It's a fascinating phenomenon. You already no some fans opinion of a player's performance before a game has been contested.

Sure, but how many more of those type of performances has he put in for Rangers ? I could pretty much count them on a 3 fingered hand.

Really?

I'd go as far as to say he's done that to excellent effect in 90% of his games. I can understand people saying he's only been creative in about 5 games, as he isn't supposed to be creative, but to say that? Can't get my head around it at all!

Gers ace linked with move

Sheffield Wednesday, 18:51, January 20, 2010

Sheffield Wednesday are being linked with an ambitious swoop to sign Rangers defender Kirk Broadfoot.

The 25-year-old is due to fall out of contract in the summer but he has yet to agree a deal to stay at Ibrox and there have been suggestions he could move south before the closure of the transfer window.

Rangers have offered the right-back fresh terms and it remains to be seen whether the Owls could afford the deal after new boss Alan Irvine was told he has to move players out before he can bring them in.