For me it should always be Davis and AN Other in central midfield, and even if we sold Mendes we still have two options for every spot

RM - Whittaker/Naismith/Novo/Beasley

LM - Novo/Beasley/Fleck/Naismith

DM - Edu/Thomson/McCulloch

CM - Davis/Fleck/Naismith

Compare that to defence or attack where we are so short of numbers

Yip, that seems acceptable enough to me so, like I said last week, I don't think we can afford to have players like Mendes or Rothen collecting substantial sums for being fringe players.

FWIW, I reckon Mendes is a cert to leave this month irrespective of what we think. :)

Yip, that seems acceptable enough to me so, like I said last week, I don't think we can afford to have players like Mendes or Rothen collecting substantial sums for being fringe players.

FWIW, I reckon Mendes is a cert to leave this month irrespective of what we think. :)

All seems quiet on the departures front. I'd be quite surprised if anyone left in all honesty, but i do think Mendes will go in the summer.

Ah, unfortunately now you've started posting, you'll never stop...

You seem too sensible as well - be prepared to join us mad, huffy, opinionated, stubborn, arrogant and of course, mindless, internet fans as we take over and ruin football supporting in Scotland!

And if you were a captain of industry, you're not anymore... ;)

:cool:

Portuguese media are speculating on Mendes for Sporting Lisbon again today - they suggest ââ??¬1.5million fee has been agreed, player is happy to move and only thing holding back completion is how the fee is paid.

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=190176

That's good news IMO!! Hope the deal goes through because the wages he's on here are too high for what he offers. Talented player, but not right for Rangers. Not the positive minded, hard-tackling & solid grafter we need to partner Davis in a 4-4-2 in the SPL & not the right type of midfielder that we need to do well in Europe playing a 4-5-1 either. He's had his moments, but they've been few & far between.

I had a lot of arguments with some of my mates last season over Mendes. They were lapping up the 'Personal Jesus' stuff and proclaiming him our best player since Ronald de Boer but i just wasn't convinced. His away form especially was pretty disappointing, and his partnership with Barry was one of the biggest letdowns in our recent history.