Everton plan swoop for Charlie Adam

DAVIE MOYES is planning a stunning �£5million swoop for Charlie Adam.

Everton boss Moyes is ready to pounce next week to land Adam from Blackpool.

Ex-Rangers star Adam, 24, has had an outstanding season for Blackpool, but there's no way the cash-strapped Seasiders could turn down a �£5m offer.

Adam joined Blackpool from Gers last season on a �£500,000 record deal for the Bloomfield Road club.

The versatile midfielder has scored 12 times this season and his performances have helped Ian Holloway's side surge up the table.

Holloway has already snubbed a �£1m offer from Wigan and put the �£5m fee on Adam to frighten off interested clubs.

But Everton do have the cash and boss Moyes is keen to strengthen his squad by luring Adam to Goodison.

Meanwhile, Celtic target Philippe Senderos has joined Everton on loan with a view to a permanent deal.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottish/scottish_sport/696395/Former-Rangers-ace-is-top-of-David-Moyes-transfer-shopping-list.html

Well, I've posted a NOTW story today too so I can't be TOO critical but I chuckled when I read that. Adam is clearly enjoying playing regularly and perhaps has found a level that he is able to perform well. Now, if Blackpool had taken some big scalps in the cup with Charlie instrumental in doing so, I could perhaps understand the price tag and the fact a EPL team were after him. But maybe I've missed something...

Has helped them into a play off spot, scoring 12 goals from midfield and playing well.

Players move for silly money from the Championship to the EPL all the time. WOuldn't be suprised if he moved for a few mil.

Hope all the "i'd bite their hand off" crew are feeling rather stupid now.

Hope all the "i'd bite their hand off" crew are feeling rather stupid now.

Why? Charlie 'Beckham' Adam couldn't pass water at Ibrox. He's obviously found some form with Blackpool but half a season doesn't make a player.

If he does move to Everton we'll see how well he does there. A midfield of Pienaar, Afro boy, Cahill, the Russian winger, Osman will be extremely tough for him to break into.

Edited by Gazza_8

Charlie Adam was a great player in his first season for us, scoring many goals. He then got injured, not playing in a run of games, played out of position, doesnt help that the fans decided to have something against him.

It was Hutton before him, one a 9m player, the other a 5m player. Time we gave Fleck, Little etc all a break

Charlie Adam was a great player in his first season for us, scoring many goals. He then got injured, not playing in a run of games, played out of position, doesnt help that the fans decided to have something against him.

Being pish you mean?