Good points Zappa... Fleck has the basic talent - we can all see that - but he'll have to do more in games unless he wants to become another Chris Burke or the like.

Burke's biggest problem was injuries though Frankie, much like Beasley in fact. With John Fleck it's a different situation.

One thing I'd like to see from Fleck if he stays at Rangers is development of his muscular strength in order to improve his pace & general body strength. I'm no expert on sports science, but maybe S_A can chime in on that side of things. What I'm trying to get at, is that it seems to me like he might have the right body build to become a rapid & skillful little 'brick shit-house' of a player in the vein of someone like Arshavin who also plays as a second striker or winger. They're about the same height, yet what a player like Arshavin has is serious body strength all over, resulting in a player that's both physically strong on the ball and extremely fast despite his small, chunky build. Fleck is more than 10 years younger than Arshavin, so although time flies, he does have some time to improve his game in that direction through physical development.

Agreed mate... :)

I mentioned Burke only because he had similar hype, did well when he broke into the team but for a variety of reasons didn't make the best of his chance. Injuries or not, I don't want Fleck to make the same mistake so the physical conditioning you mention would certainly be agreeable in that respect.

Unfortunately I am beginning to think that because of our current predicament squad and financially wise we will never see the best of Fleck , if you compare the team Ferguson was allowed to mature into with this squad he will really struggle , hope I am wrong

Unfortunately I am beginning to think that because of our current predicament squad and financially wise we will never see the best of Fleck , if you compare the team Ferguson was allowed to mature into with this squad he will really struggle , hope I am wrong

I see where you're coming from here, but Ferguson was spoiled in that regard & so were we all as fans in retrospect. There's only a small number of young players who're lucky enough to break through from a club's youth system into a team of that sort of quality. Fleck is lucky enough to be breaking through from the youth system of the Scottish Champions & while we might not have that same type of world class team on paper, he could do a lot worse for himself than to be getting games for Rangers at the age of 18.

After almost 2 years of giving us no sign he's anything special, I'm puzzled as to why we still have any sort of hopes for him.

Yet again i'm struggling with your views.

Try and be as generous with Thomson and Fleck as you are with Lafferty. Both of whom have shown at least as much as the forward and in Thomson's case I would say almost certainly more.

After almost 2 years of giving us no sign he's anything special, I'm puzzled as to why we still have any sort of hopes for him.

Almost 2 years from a player between the age of 16 & 18 that came from our youth system, compared to a player we've had on the fringes of the first team for practically the same period, who's 4 years older than Fleck & we bought from Burnley for almost �£4m who you've been defending on here?? :D

Yet again i'm struggling with your views.

Try and be as generous with Thomson and Fleck as you are with Lafferty. Both of whom have shown at least as much as the forward and in Thomson's case I would say almost certainly more.

I hope you can see the absurdity and irony here in your own post.

You're condemning Lafferty while telling me off for condemning 2 players.

Yet you're telling me off for it...

Is it ok when it's you doing it?