I can't believe that about Thomson tbh. This may seem pretty naive but the boy is teetotal, a fitness freak, and well (almost poshly) spoken. I really don't see him having attitude problems

Normally I'd agree but looking at him on the pitch nowadays he does seem to be somewhat lazy and reactive, instead of hard-working and anticipative...

But I guess that can apply to several of our players.

I can't believe that about Thomson tbh. This may seem pretty naive but the boy is teetotal, a fitness freak, and well (almost poshly) spoken. I really don't see him having attitude problems

Then why after over 3 months is he nowhere near the average player he used to be? He's absolutely horrible out there. Worse than I ever remember.

Normally I'd agree but looking at him on the pitch nowadays he does seem to be somewhat lazy and reactive, instead of hard-working and anticipative...

I'd use the word shite tbh.

Thomson doesn't deserve his place in the team on any level.

Hope Edu's fit for Wednesday because he offers infinitely more.

But I guess that can apply to several of our players.

I sit in GF4 mate, great seat about 2/3 of the way up but not that elevated. On Tuesday night I took a ticket for the main stand (rear) and my eyes were really opened with respect to KT. The amount of times he's well off the play is poor. Too much running in a few minutes and he's off the pace for the next 5. He is not in top condition.

I must admit to being surprised when I heard about his attitude but I can assure everyone that the source is impeccible and there was no axe being grinded. No idea exactly what's happening behind the scenes but it does seem to stack up when you look at him on the park these days :(

I'd use the word shite tbh.

Thomson doesn't deserve his place in the team on any level.

Hope Edu's fit for Wednesday because he offers infinitely more.

Thomson was in good form before his last injury. He's not been in good form since so I'd rather he was dropped until he can show differently.

Unfortunately, I suspect he won't be able to as his lack of pace and mobility is obvious.

I sit in GF4 mate, great seat about 2/3 of the way up but not that elevated. On Tuesday night I took a ticket for the main stand (rear) and my eyes were really opened with respect to KT. The amount of times he's well off the play is poor. Too much running in a few minutes and he's off the pace for the next 5. He is not in top condition.

I must admit to being surprised when I heard about his attitude but I can assure everyone that the source is impeccible and there was no axe being grinded. No idea exactly what's happening behind the scenes but it does seem to stack up when you look at him on the park these days :(

I've no idea if he was rushed back or whatever but his work-rate and fitness is questionable.

As I said, I think his top-level career has probably been curtailed by his last knee injury.

When Fleck broke into the 1st team I thought he was a winger who could beat a man or two and dink in a cross for the CFs. I was wrong!

I'm still haven't a clue what his natural/preferred position is.

I partially blame the coaching staff though. I don't think our training techniques are upto much.

Part of the problem is that there arent many teams who play with someone in behind a main striker.

When we have all our players fit it is hard for Fleck to break into a team which played so well in December in a 4-4-2 formation.

Boyd and Miller were on fire and Fleck doesn't have the pace to play on the wing the way Beasley and Novo were.

I wouldn't hesitate, though, in playing him in behind Boyd if Miller reverts to type and has his usual barren spell.

After the thread on this promising young player a few weeks ago , does anyone think that after playing in his best position , just behind the striker ,that they might have jumped the gun a bit .

I certainly thought he had blown it after getting continually overlooked but yesterday I thought he was really composed , rarely wasted a ball and was very unlucky on a few occasions , thoughts !!

I know they don't play the exact same position, but taking into account that Fleck is 18, while Lafferty is almost exactly four years older & what the 2 players have cost the club, I have to say that Fleck looks like a better prospect for a lot less money. In four years time when Fleck's at the age Lafferty is at now it wouldn't surprise me at all if Fleck was a different class of player altogether. He already looks more at home on a football pitch & better with the ball at his feet even although he's not yet the finished article we'd all like to see.

To my mind, Fleck is one of those young players with the ability/talent to become a really special footballer, but he's going to have to work extremely hard on certain aspects of his game as he gathers experience while also practicing & further developing/expanding the skills he's already mastered. It's all about Fleck's own commitment & dedication to be the best he can be.