Fleck has been billed, in the past, as a 'wunderkid'. The only thing I 'wunder' is why, because he seems an average Scottish attacking player with little potential. He could well be capable of doing more, but I've not seen any evidence.

Maybe you didn't see his first professional appearance for the light blues at the age of 16 then? It wasn't that long ago, so it's not within forgetting territory... :)

Maybe more support was a poor choice of words. But I still fail to see why you give a guy who has done less than Thomson for Rangers more support than Thomson?

You're every bit as guilty of choosing some over others, yet at least my decision makes some kind of logical sense.

I have my favourites, but I don't chastise unfairly my least favourites. Your decision makes sense in your head, because in your head your decision to barrack Lafferty is justified. In my head I want to support the lot of them and not barrack any.

Maybe you didn't see his first professional appearance for the light blues at the age of 16 then? It wasn't that long ago, so it's not within forgetting territory... :)

I did. Wasn't thrilled - promising perhaps, but not a wunderkid. Still ain't. He's flattered to deceive ever since. But I want him to succeed and I support him in entirety. Ditto Thomson. Rather than this nonsense of guys giving players hard times when they're trying to succeed.

Quite a lot of what exactly? I'm curious now.

Well he was excellent in the title winner at Tannadice, including a goal, he was fantastic in the 2-2 at home to Hearts last season before being injured (including a goal), and he's excelled up front for his country whenever he's played there - such as V Poland in the WCQ - including a goal. He also got 2 against Motherwell despite only being on the pitch for 20 minutes.

While he's been poor recently, I see signs from last season that he is a great striker. But I fear the abuse he's taken in the past 6 months from his own fans (never mind opposition ones) has rather wrecked his confidence.

Well he was excellent in the title winner at Tannadice, including a goal, he was fantastic in the 2-2 at home to Hearts last season before being injured (including a goal), and he's excelled up front for his country whenever he's played there - such as V Poland in the WCQ - including a goal. He also got 2 against Motherwell despite only being on the pitch for 20 minutes.

While he's been poor recently, I see signs from last season that he is a great striker. But I fear the abuse he's taken in the past 6 months from his own fans (never mind opposition ones) has rather wrecked his confidence.

for what we paid and what he earns i think we have waited long enough to see what exactly lafferty does. two goals in twenty games this season is scant return. Andy little is already half way there in catching up his goal tally!

Were not in a position to carry passengers and that is exactly what lafferty is. He just isnt producing the goods.

I doubt anyone will deny Lafferty has under-achieved this season but as Danny is correctly pointing out he is capable of a much better contribution so instead of barracking the lad any every opportunity we need to back him until he finds his form.

The players who are returning should help focus his mind on that as if he doesn't improve he'll be back out of the team and unlikely to be trusted again by the management.

I doubt anyone will deny Lafferty has under-achieved this season but as Danny is correctly pointing out he is capable of a much better contribution so instead of barracking the lad any every opportunity we need to back him until he finds his form.

The players who are returning should help focus his mind on that as if he doesn't improve he'll be back out of the team and unlikely to be trusted again by the management.

Indeed - at a time when we really need Lafferty to shine, instantly condemning him to failure does no one any good.

We are missing our 2 key strikers, Lafferty's our only real hope.

for what we paid and what he earns i think we have waited long enough to see what exactly lafferty does. two goals in twenty games this season is scant return. Andy little is already half way there in catching up his goal tally!

Were not in a position to carry passengers and that is exactly what lafferty is. He just isnt producing the goods.

At the moment I accept he is not. But one match can change everything - look at Beasley against St Johnstone at Ibrox. It might have been the following game against United that folk would credit his return as being, but it really started against the Saints where I considered him motm. So whether it was one or the other, it can be agreed whichever match it was, one match changed it for Beasley and now we're considering him a big miss rather than his absence being irrelevant.

We have to hope Kyle can hit similar form tomorrow.