[ * * * ]

Group:

Members

#24,569

4 October 2009

Favourite all-time player

Paolo di Canio

Utter Farce, yet again!!!!!!

Too much chopping and changing tonight and it cost us dear!!!! Did Keane even train with the First team prior to tonights game!!!!

McGeady has been rotten for weeks now and needs dropped.....these 2 gingies fae the van outfits put 2 men on him and he becomes a one trick pony that ur pub sunday 5's defender has in their pocket!!!

Where was Crosas????.....Injured???

As a last throw of the dice, I would have punted on big Duncan, or even Sami (he would have been fresher than Camera) instead of bringing Brown on as a left back!!!

How did Naylor get a start, I would have played the same back 4 as Saturday.

The whole captain thing is a total joke!!!

TBH I think Mowbray's to blame this time, there's no leadership. If Mowbray wants to have a fighting chance of staying clear of the dole que, he needs to go an buy Sir Alex-esque hairdryer and boot some arses!!! He also has to keep the whole first team squad hostage in Lennoxtown till they get the basics (passing, shooting, tackling) right!!!!

The huns must think were the biggest laughing stock going!!!!

It's going to be a mega bleak summer when the huns have their 10m courtesy of our failings, their automatic champs league place, the prospect of new owners, the prospect of blue chip signings etc etc,.........all this as all our loan signings check out and the gospel according to John Reid and Desmond etc is that we're pratted due to these loan guys wages and Mowbrays pay off fee, not to mention any compo fee for our future manager!!!

Roseanne 5 minutes ago Post #902

Member Avatar

Defending the colours of Celtic and Ireland

[ * * * * * * * * * * * * ]

Group:

Snr. Member

#1,555

16 July 2005

Flynn

2 Feb 2010, 11:39 PM

IMO what we desperately lacked tonight was somebody to glue it all together in the middle - a Neil Lennon, or a Lambert, and a Roy Aitken to drive them on. Ki and N'Guemo are good players, but too lightweight.

It was a disaster waiting to happen tonight after all last night's euphoria, and realistically the league is gone. It would take a hun collapse of record magnitude, and without the distraction of European football, that will not happen under Smith.

I don't say we should write the league off completely - at least until the next OF game at Ibrox. If we fail to win there, it's over and we should use the rest of the season to find a settled starting eleven. If we fail to significantly improve, it's thank you and goodbye Mr Mowbray at the end of the season.

We shouldn't be writing it off at all. At least not when it is still mathematically possible to win. This is the problem, too many people are calling the team heartless and the manager clueless but they are not the ones throwing in the towel. Someone said earlier in the thread that bringing in Keane made us all believe again. Well, not me! I believed we could win this league before the signings and I still believe it now! Given the margin between us and them, it was never going to be easy and that would be the case even with the players we've signed, who have to get used to playing in the team no matter who they are!

I won't bother listing all the chances we had, we certainly had enough to win the game convincingly, same story as with some of our previous games recently. I still believe, if we have the quality to make chances, we have the quality to score from them. It didn't happen tonigt but that doesn't mean we should be trowing in the towel. We have to beat the huns twice, something we will do if the game is allowed to be played fairly; we have already seen in the last two games v them that they cannot live with us and can only get points by being on the receiving end of some very dubious decisions. We can't control what the referees do but, if we do what we did in the last two games, and the correct and fair decisions are made, we will crucify the bastards! That brings us back to a four point gap. Someone said recently the huns don't drop points often. It still happens and can happen over the remainder of the season. We don't lose to Kilmarnock often, we still did tonight. :cry: There are a few twists yet I think. The problem is that too many people are too quick to concede. Me? I will never concede anything to those bastards! For anyone thinking it's "impossible", look no further than the 3IAR season. And before anyone mentions the huns being "distracted" in Europe, in 2003, when we were "distracted" by Europe, going into our last game with them at Mordor, we were eight points behind, eight goals behind and with a game in hand we were not guaranteed to win. We came back from this seemingly impossible position to force a last day decider. The huns, with their "distraction" were actually AHEAD! They actually still had a chance to win the title on the last day, they fell apart because we started winning and did not let up! No one can say this is impossible now, anything is possible. And, for those saying "a collapse won't happen under Smith without Europe", I doubt they chose to fall apart that time. I have every belief that when we start winning regularly, and we will, they will not live with that pressure, with or without Europe! The question is, and this is more addressed to all the supporters who were only going to turn up next week because we'd signed Keane, are you up for the fight? :walkon:

HAIL HAIL

From a poster on FF:

You're trailing by a goal in a game you need to win keep your title bid alive. There are 15 minutes left. Do you:

a) Bring on the top goal scorer left at the club

b) Bring on the new signing who came on as a sub to win you Saturday's game

c) Bring on an injured retard, give him the captains armband and play him at left back