I think that covers it.

I've not seen a show yet (lucky me) but it appears to be another vehicle for Celtic propaganda. Surely even the wee teams are hacked off with this Celtic bias in our media. Not Old Firm bias, just Celtic. Surely they can see it. How can they cater to such a small proportion of our population and still carry on and survive? :confused:

I watched this show last evening.

I am a most interested party, having reluctantly walked down Stariway 13 with my old man five minutes before the end of the match, and attended Barcelona as a joyous schoolboy. Brendan O'Hara's writing and Production of this series is heavily slanted and last night was no different. O'Hara is a descendent of one of the original six middle class rc families that founded ra Sellik. We know this because 20-odd years past, he was a most regular contributor to ra Sellik 'zine, 'not the View' and he never missed an opportunity to flash his Sellik share holding credentials. I could go on ................ and on.................etc.

Brendan's preferred prejudice shone through in continuous clips of ra Sellik's Euro Cup success in '67, this being the only motivation for the '72 Bears to win the ECWC. He even managed to highlight Rangers were only in the ECWC because ra Sellik were, "in their beloved European Cup" and thus could not as Scottish Cup holders also participate in the ECWC. I remember our run like it was yesterday, there was TV(mostly highlight packages) coverage of Sporting Lisbon(home), Torino(home and away), and Bayern(away was a highlight package, home was live). Brendan choose to show the goals from Bayern(home) and the three goals from the final. He did NOT try nearly hard enough.

Reference Stairway 13, I stated earlier, 'reluctant'. My old man had an annoying habit of leaving every game five minutes early. He parked at the city side of Kinning Park(where the M8 motorway is today) and was always anxious to get across the river(the Kingston Bridge was just completing construction). I was 12 years old and wanted to drink in every second of every game. We descended the Stairway with ease, dozens of others in front and behind. Stairway 13 was an accident waiting to happen, several foot of blackened railway sleepers bordered the stairway, particularly near the bottom where the stairway dog-legged towards a large exit on to Harrison Drive. As we crossed Copland Road, we heard a roar, the windows of Harrison Drive rattled, my old man kept walking. On Merrick Gardens, we heard a second, bigger roar. My old man kept walking. I could only hope and guess.

All the way along Paisley Road West, I was in turmoil, I knew two goals had been scored, what was the score? I am ashamed to think my thoughts were wrapped in this quandry, given what was occurring on the stairway we had vacated 15 minutes before. At Seaward Street, a lad of my age asked the score? Shrugging and saying nil, nil when we left, two teenagers behind said one, one. We travelled back in the car to Lanarkshire, my old man stopped at the chippy in Uddingston to pick up my tea, as my parents were attending a New Year's party. The TV was on in the chippy and first reports of an accident and several people suffering serious injuries, possibly fatal. My mother had walked to the top of the hill on to Bothwell's main street, anxious to see the car approaching.

That evening, I sat with my older cousin watching the TV, my parents had gone ahead to the party. We watched the numerous News Bulletins as they came in, the death toll rose throughout the evening. The film, 'the Masque of the Red Death', a Vincent Price horror was on at approx tenish and the final bulletin interupted to inform the death toll had climbed above 70. It was the next day that the figure 66 was confirmed.

I was appalled at Billy McNeill's statement last night, "the bulk of those that suffered may have been Rangers people". It is inappropriate, the victims were ALL rangers people and Brendan O'Hara should have ensured such comment was edited out.

I was appalled at Billy McNeill's statement last night, "the bulk of those that suffered may have been Rangers people". It is inappropriate, the victims were ALL rangers people and Brendan O'Hara should have ensured such comment was edited out.

I also noted that. It's endlessly annoying but, seriously, what else would you expect from these bastards? They always have to find a hook to fix themselves to in every crisis. The bigger the crisis the more desperate they are to latch on - not call ambulance chasers for nothing.

I also noted that. It's endlessly annoying but, seriously, what else would you expect from these bastards? They always have to find a hook to fix themselves to in every crisis. The bigger the crisis the more desperate they are to latch on - not call ambulance chasers for nothing.

Such a statement as Billy McBungle's, is the beginning of misinformation and disinformation.

Another point was the figure of 16,000 travelling Bears to Barcelona. I have NEVER heard that figure before. The figure most oft quoted and I am not saying it's accurate, is 25,000.

Travelling to Barca in '72 was a comparitively expensive business. My old man passed away four years ago and eventually I got around to sifting his papers. I found a cigar box with two �£39 tickets from Scotia Travel. It included our flights from Prestwick to Barca(return), transfers to and from the stadium, and three nights accomodation in a two star hotel in Girona.