Would you Take Part in a Protest Against Lloyds Bank?

Would you protest before the Valentines Day match v Hibs?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Would you protest before the Valentines Day match v Hibs?

• Yes
    • Not sure - we have a vital game that day
    • No
    • Undecided

Credible information on the plight of our club is hard to find amongst the hearsay and rumour we read across the online community.

However, once again our club's manager has saw fit to comment on what he sees as a worrying and bleak future for our club under the guidance of Lloyds Bank. No matter whether it is his place to do this, the fact he is commenting again should concern every Rangers fan.

What is also clear is that the support should be entitled to know more about the status quo - more so season ticket holders who continue to be the sole biggest investors into the club year after year? The chairman saying one thing, the manager another and alleged sources close to any potential buyer(s) also contributing to the debate; means the conflict of information for Rangers fans is unacceptable.

As such, while protest is something that isn't agreeable in the first instance for most people I'm sure, perhaps more direct action may help us find the transparency required for us to make up our own mind.

If we're to protest (and to be clear I'm definitely interested in doing so), it needs to be well organised, include all the fan groups, all the websites and have a clear strategy. If possible (and I appreciate that is difficult) it also needs a credible focal point that the 'non-politically active' fans can identify with.

Do that and the chances of success are greater.

Therefore, as an empirical judgement of intent, I'm interested to see what Gersnet members think. Please take a minute or two to take part in the following poll.

Edited by Frankie

Guest Mad Max

Something has to be done and being drip fed information from Walter is not what we need.

Governance of the club is being questioned and the Chairman has a duty of care and is not performing this role.

I'm only interested in the short and long term future of our club. Lloyds are in a very difficult position but there must be better communication to the support.

I do not doubt the Board wanting the best for the club but there needs to be a massive restructure of the club from the top and only new owners can perform this and if Lloyds are playing hard ball then we need to collectively show Lloyds that we will show them our anger in a controlled but forceful manner.

I saw posts in another thread which alluded to a very important issue and one I think any protest is overlooking; what exactly is it we're protesting against?

Lloyds effectively own us because we have borrowed money we couldn't afford, and when you buy a company's debt, that means you own that company.

Lloyds are protecting their own business interests, which is absolutely their prerogative; and they are not obviously doing anything to kill Rangers. We have no money, but that is our fault, not Lloyds. Why are we so angry with them when they're just a bank doing business and running things prudently to their own infrastructure?

They seem to be ensuring we're safe for now, and presumably will do so till we get a new owner - otherwise we stay in the current rut, not growing or improving but not dying off either.

So, I ask again, and I am willing to be educated on this; exactly what are Lloyds doing which is so utterly awful and deserves protest?

Yeah i would be up for that as long as it was all the fans united and aiming for the same cause

and as long as the proposed action made people sit up and listen to the fans , not some more banners

something bigger than that that Lloyds might take notice of.

I saw posts in another thread which alluded to a very important issue and one I think any protest is overlooking; what exactly is it we're protesting against?

Lloyds effectively own us because we have borrowed money we couldn't afford, and when you buy a company's debt, that means you own that company.

Lloyds are protecting their own business interests, which is absolutely their prerogative; and they are not obviously doing anything to kill Rangers. We have no money, but that is our fault, not Lloyds. Why are we so angry with them when they're just a bank doing business and running things prudently to their own infrastructure?

They seem to be ensuring we're safe for now, and presumably will do so till we get a new owner - otherwise we stay in the current rut, not growing or improving but not dying off either.

So, I ask again, and I am willing to be educated on this; exactly what are Lloyds doing which is so utterly awful and deserves protest?

Which is exactly the point of the poll: to show poor organisation and objectives would not work.

Any protest movement needs clear and credible leadership and given I've posted this poll across three different forums without clear support for it, without that it would be doomed to failure.

Here is a post by sccgers on FF.

"Walter Smith sanctioned the sale of Pedro Mendes to allow him funds to strengthen other parts of the first team. One main target was Obertan on loan which had Sir Alex's blessing and the young Swedish boy Kujovic who we were linked with last week

These attempts were blocked by Muir who insisted no money will be made available, the bank were taking that, but half of the Mendes basic wage - �£7-9k per week could be used on a loan signing

However, when Walter went with Bain to Muir on the last day of the window he stalled so much that no deal was ever possible

This has been the end for Smith who as you seen last night is on the brink

As I also said last week, the contract offers for the first team players including Kris Boyd have been blocked by Muir and further to that his plan is to let these players leave this summer and further to that, also raise cash from the sale of other top team players.

Further to his other actions were he has tried to sack the management, sell players behind the managements back and even sack the head groundsman.

My source comes from within the high corridors of Ibrox and has been right with many things before - including the sale of Mendes, 1st bid by the consortium amongst other stuff. "

People have the right to believe whether what he says is accurate or not, but his source is known, and there is no apparent reason not to believe this.

I'm not against the idea of protests against Lloyds, but I'm slightly worried that it could backfire. It's entirely possible that large scale protests & the bad press/PR they would cause the bank, could turn Lloyds into our worst nightmare, a psycho bank from hell that decides it's pulling the plug on us. If the reports leaking out on FF are correct, it might seem pretty much like that already, but there's no doubt that things can get far far worse.