Guest Northampton_loyalist

I have only asked questions, ever, infact. As I say on RM, contacts could be bang on the money, infact, I secretly hope he is but there are more questions than answers off the back of his article for me. I think it would help if he came out and expanded.

To be clear as-well, I can see why he would maybe not want to, considering the hostility aimed towards him already. It is a tough situation for him and one I dont envy. If he remains silent the people railing against him will see that as a tacit admission of guilt, if he does break cover he will likely see more attacks. Tough situation to be in.

I have only asked questions, ever, infact. As I say on RM, contacts could be bang on the money, infact, I secretly hope he is but there are more questions than answers off the back of his article for me. I think it would help if he came out and expanded.

To be clear as-well, I can see why he would maybe not want to, considering the hostility aimed towards him already. It is a tough situation for him and one I dont envy. If he remains silent the people railing against him will see that as a tacit admission of guilt, if he does break cover he will likely see more attacks. Tough situation to be in.

That's the problem NL, to many secrets and not enough information or at least information seen as valid. All information imparted should be for all Rangers supporters, not only those deemed somehow superior to the vast majority of us.....divide and conquer is I believe the saying. Problem is, who is doing the dividing to facilitate the conquering and to what end. Forgive me if I appear to be labouring the point, but I feel WS is getting away far to lightly in this tawdry affair, why I don't know, he did after all start it off. TBH no one comes out of it with to much credit, all this sad episode has done and is doing is to create further division in an already divided support, I really do wish WS would put a stop to it or not, all he has to do is confirm or withdraw his allegations.

PS......I keep reading about Rangers searching for a new owner, it is hard to believe that a name as famous as Rangers would have to search for anything and who is doing the alleged searching. To declare to be searching for a new owner would to me appear to be starting any negotiations if any ever transpire, from a position of weakness, hardly the business acumen that we expect from Murray.

Edited by wabashcannonball

Guest Northampton_loyalist
That's the problem NL, to many secrets and not enough information or at least information seen as valid. All information imparted should be for all Rangers supporters, not only those deemed somehow superior to the vast majority of us.....divide and conquer is I believe the saying. Problem is, who is doing the dividing to facilitate the conquering and to what end. Forgive me if I appear to be labouring the point, but I feel WS is getting away far to lightly in this tawdry affair, why I don't know, he did after all start it off. TBH no one comes out of it with to much credit, all this sad episode has done and is doing is to create further division in an already divided support, I really do wish WS would put a stop to it or not, all he has to do is confirm or withdraw his allegations.

I think Smith has said all he can. With Coisty's interview last night (did you see it?) saying pretty much exactly the same thing. WS is in a tough spot, he is basically calling out his employers and without the contract as a safetynet that is dangerous. Super's comments added to Smith's make me think he is very worried and rather than saying nothing is saying what he can get away with, possibly the lesser of two evils. I personally would rather have warnings of peril over a blanket silence, however cryptic, because at least we know something is badly wrong and things need to change. The support has been over quiet for over long, that needs to change.

A little side note, and people who saw my early drafts for the protest mission statement will verify this, I specifically had a paragraph that said we (organisers) were NOT interested in sitting down with Muir, we wanted him to release a statement to the general public. Private meetings are always going to be seen as some getting 'inside' info while the rest are left with the scraps and we wanted to avoid that explicitly. I believe that the meeting contacts attended was arranged prior to the protest being announced anyway, so no allegations of Muir initially intending to divide people can be made. Whether he used the pre-existing meeting as a vehicle for that purpose is something between him and Contacts and I wouldnt want to speculate. If it was intended you have to give him credit, it worked :D

I do like it here, enough different opinions to make it worthwhile but you can actually have a decent talk about it rather than try and sift through 50 side arguements. Just remember im right and you are there to be educated and we will get on just fine :giruy:

ps, have I argued with you on FF? the name is similar to a guy I have chatted with (very civilly) a few times over there recently.

I think Smith has said all he can. With Coisty's interview last night (did you see it?) saying pretty much exactly the same thing. WS is in a tough spot, he is basically calling out his employers and without the contract as a safetynet that is dangerous. Super's comments added to Smith's make me think he is very worried and rather than saying nothing is saying what he can get away with, possibly the lesser of two evils. I personally would rather have warnings of peril over a blanket silence, however cryptic, because at least we know something is badly wrong and things need to change. The support has been over quiet for over long, that needs to change.

A little side note, and people who saw my early drafts for the protest mission statement will verify this, I specifically had a paragraph that said we (organisers) were NOT interested in sitting down with Muir, we wanted him to release a statement to the general public. Private meetings are always going to be seen as some getting 'inside' info while the rest are left with the scraps and we wanted to avoid that explicitly. I believe that the meeting contacts attended was arranged prior to the protest being announced anyway, so no allegations of Muir initially intending to divide people can be made. Whether he used the pre-existing meeting as a vehicle for that purpose is something between him and Contacts and I wouldnt want to speculate. If it was intended you have to give him credit, it worked :D

I do like it here, enough different opinions to make it worthwhile but you can actually have a decent talk about it rather than try and sift through 50 side arguements. Just remember im right and you are there to be educated and we will get on just fine :giruy:

ps, have I argued with you on FF? the name is similar to a guy I have chatted with (very civilly) a few times over there recently.

Thanks for the reply NL, no you wouldn't have conversed with me on RM I tend to keep my posts for here, it is a lot more civilised than any other site I have known, Frankie keeps it that way, we can disagree to disagree here and no harm done. As for the club I wish I knew half of what is going on, but I fear time will be the only bearer of news as to the outcome of it all, having said that I still have suspicions and no more than that, that the selling of the club is another of SDM's ploys wrong footing everyone. Thanks again at the end of the day we are all looking for a good outcome.

PS......I keep reading about Rangers searching for a new owner, it is hard to believe that a name as famous as Rangers would have to search for anything and who is doing the alleged searching. To declare to be searching for a new owner would to me appear to be starting any negotiations if any ever transpire, from a position of weakness, hardly the business acumen that we expect from Murray.

I am no expert by far but is there not a register of companies up for sale linked to the stock market?

Sorry question with a question is no help,i know

David Murray has stated a few times in the press that the club is up for sale and that the price is not the important thing, but the development of RFC is paramount. It is supposed to be one of Donald Muirs jobs to find a buyer if you believe what you read. I know not always wise.

After the farce that the Muir subject developed into, more an inter forum star wars than resemblance to any discussion, has anyone or any of the high heid yins of the various forums thought or attempted to get a statement from the organ grinder.

Murray as custodian of the club could if he so desired clarify matters, I am aware that there are those among us who are ever sceptical of Murray's utterances, but at this juncture his input may be more of a help than a hindrance.

Smith should also be given the opportunity to reiterate or retract his statement about the club being run by the bank, Muir appears to be a convenient whipping boy at this stage, a sop for those perhaps not wishing to question Murray or Smith, for whatever reasons.

An approach by ALL admin of all Rangers forum for a statement from our owner will either be successful or it wont, if not people are more than entitled to ask questions and look for the answers as they see fit, be it by protest or petition or any other legitimate means, but the man at the top must be given the opportunity to clarify matters, if he has not already been requested to do so.

You've occasionally taken a pasting on here for your views on this matter but I'll admit to a great deal of sympathy for your position on the purpose and direction of any protest. I'm not exactly following this story inch by inch but I have clear impression that the 'protest' is very badly directed and I doubt very much if any of us will be any better informed a month from now because a few ill-conceived banners are raised at Ibrox.

As for all forum admin getting round one table, I can categorically tell you this will never happen and, despite some recent posturing to the contrary, it will be because FF will never sit down with certain others.

You've occasionally taken a pasting on here for your views on this matter but I'll admit to a great deal of sympathy for your position on the purpose and direction of any protest. I'm not exactly following this story inch by inch but I have clear impression that the 'protest' is very badly directed and I doubt very much if any of us will be any better informed a month from now because a few ill-conceived banners are raised at Ibrox.

As for all forum admin getting round one table, I can categorically tell you this will never happen and, despite some recent posturing to the contrary, it will be because FF will never sit down with certain others.

TBH mainflyer I have never really believed that what the fans think makes one bit of difference to the main players, I wish that was different but our history won't support that luxury. Time may be our allie or our enemy, but we the fans will be a very small cog in a very big clock.

TBH mainflyer I have never really believed that what the fans think makes one bit of difference to the main players, I wish that was different but our history won't support that luxury. Time may be our allie or our enemy, but we the fans will be a very small cog in a very big clock.

Has always been the case, and I also don't see it changing.